Saturday, February 04, 2006

Hello world

The reason I had to post from Hello was because my dashboard was blank. No blog on it at all. When I tried to sign in it said that no blog was found by that name. Hmmm...Don't know why, either. The only thought I had was maybe from my 40 days of inactivity because before it was fine and after it was gone. One night in the last few moments before sleep I had this thought about Hello. Could I still post a picture? I wondered. So, the next morning, the first thing I did was log on and check out Hello. Sure enough, I could still post a picture, but not only that, but I found out that I could post text only, also. Just no paragraphs because if I hit enter it would post my message. Also, no editing once I posted, no spell check or anything like that. It was a pain, but at least it worked temporarily, ya know?

*****************************************************************

I did something exciting for myself today. I got rid of a bushel of unwanted hair. Hair, hair, glorious hair. Hair off my eyebrows (I ripped out enough hair from there to make two whole new eyebrows for some poor old woman who's eyebrows are nonexistent), hair off my lip (enough to make a prepubescent boy jealous) and a real, live haircut. Well, maybe it's not live but, you catch my drift, right? I even took pictures of before and after. Shael took them, actually. I'll get them on here as soon as I get them off my camera and on my computer.
******************************************************************
I went to Wal-Mart today and I had socks for me and for Mike on my list. Going through the sock aisle I noticed these beef cakes on the Hanes t-shirt bags. Actually, I noticed them last week when I was cutting through there to get to something else. But, today when I went there on purpose, I took a little more time gandering at them. Talk about a sales gimmick! Appeals to the women "Hmm..Maybe if I buy these Hanes t-shirts for my husband he'll look like that and not like Homer Simpson". Appeals to the men "Hmmm...Maybe if I buy these Hanes t-shirts I can show off my biceps and look like these guys and my old lady will like that!"
*******************************************************************
Shael is watching Annie on ABC family and that show still cracks me up. It's the one with Carol Burnett as Miss Hannigan. Some women are dripping with diamonds, some women are dripping with pearl. Look at me look at me look at what I'm dripping with...Little Girls! Classic movie. I remember the first time I saw it. It was at the theater and I was on the very back wall sitting in a wheel chair with my right leg sticking straight out in a cast up to my hip. My Mom took me to see a movie because she felt sorry for me for missing the 4th of July carnival. I'd missed it because I got hit by a car on the way to the carnival after the fireworks. Hence the broken leg. I was 9 years old. When Shael was 9 years old, I'd think about me in that cast and I would cringe thinking I would probably not be able to hold myself together as well as my Mother did if it were Shael getting hit by a car and breaking her leg. *shudder* Sometimes I wonder what my family felt and thought when that happened, but being the tight lipped family when it comes to touchy/feely things I would never ask or expect them to tell me. Yes, we are strange like that, but it's our way and I'd like to keep it that way, thankyouverymuch.
*************************************************************************
On the way to Grove today I followed a truck that had a sticker on it's back window that I couldn't quite read until I got close to it at a stop sign. It said "Praise the Lorwered". And anybody who knows the South knows that's the correct pronunciation. To be even more correct, it should have read "Praaaaaaaiiiise the Lorwered". That's how they'd say it in "Bayou LeBatre, Alabama" from Forrest Gump. Even though I'm technically not a Southerner, I'm an Okie and that's closer to being a Southerner than a Yank is. What are people in Virginia called? They aren't really Yanks, but they certainly aren't Southerners, either. They're an enigma. They are deceiving. They sound like a Southerner, but they act like a Yank. Okay, are y'all tired of my stereotyping, yet?
**************************************************************************
I don't really have anything else to post about, but I'm so excited about being able to make real paragraphs that I had to make just one more before I quit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home