Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl Blues

Are all you women playing around on the computer while your husbands are watching the big game? Like I am. My husband really doesn't care a whole lot, I think he likes the commercials more than he does the game.

*****************

I went to a local "haunt" today and saw a ballet production of Midsummer Night's Dream. Anything at the Coleman I have to try to empty my thoughts of any and all supernatural thoughts before I walk in so I can enjoy what I'm watching. Not that I am a big supernatural thinker, but each year around Halloween they give Haunted Tours at the Coleman Theater and my Diva friend has gone every year. I'm too chicken to go. The place is suppose to be haunted. I had a thought wiggle it's way into my brain midway through the ballet and I had to push it back because if I felt something touch my hair I was going to stand up and make a fool out of myself getting out of there and into the sunlight. I gave a quick look-see above me in the balcony and I didn't see any ladies dressed in early 1900's attire peering back at me, so I gave myself a mental shake and watched the rest of the ballet. It was sooo good, too! Hardly cheesy at all, like most things Miami. I couldn't hear the dancers feet squawking like the last ballet I went to there. It was just really good. Midsummer Night's Dream is a comedy, right, and at one point "Puck" did some subtle move that made me laugh out loud. I was the only one who laughed. I knew I wasn't stupid, it was suppose to be funny, I guess just no one else caught it. What made me feel better was when I saw the guy playing Puck smile real big when he heard me laugh. Before the ballet, a narrator told the whole story so people would be able to follow. I already knew the story, having seen the movie. I've never read it, I'm not that cultured.
The pre show was good, too. A woman sang one opera song and two show tunes. Man, she was excellent! Then this gal came out and played the violin while a man narrated "Ashokan Farewell" from the PBS series "The Civil War". Oh. My. Goodness. I got goosebumps. She played that violin in that scratchy sound you hear with all documentaries on the Civil War that is reminiscent of Irish ballads. It was wonderful. Wish I could hear that again.

*****************

I'd better get my supper eaten so Shael and I can go on to church. This sounds bad, but if Shael didn't have to go tonight to turn in her fund raiser, I would stay home. It's cold outside and warm in here. Plus I can't wear my bath robe to church with no bra or shoes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home