Monday, January 29, 2007

I Made It!

Listen to me as I breath a sigh of relief. I finished my first test in psychology in about 10 minutes. The instructor splits the class in two groups and we play "Jeopardy" for the first twenty minutes of class. That helped quit a bit. It was a time of question and answer time and who ever won got an extra 10 points. We stay in these same groups throughout the entire semester and the team that has won the most games gets an extra 20 points. I had three of those smarty pants high school boys on my team, but the proved to be a little less help than I anticipated. I totally missed the first chapter and tried to borrow notes from others but never could get all the notes I needed. So, instead I read, reread and studied chapter one on my own. As it turned out, most of the stuff she tested on over chapter one was not out of the book but out of the notes. I was left a little high and dry there, but the Jeopardy really helped out in that area. I tried to remember the answers that were given. Now, the questions on chapter two, I felt like I breezed through them. They seemed very easy, and I'm hoping that I really did know the answers and not just fooled by trick questions. I got to talking to two ladies at church yesterday who had this class with this same instructor and they said her tests were hard and very misleading. I've really been studying my notes and the book and my notes helped immensely. I must be an okay note taker. I sure hope that the next test will be all the much easier for me since I will be present for all the classes discussing the chapters. I can't wait to find out how I did on this test! Those ladies at church had me all worried because they said they both got D's on their first test in her class. I really hope I didn't bomb it. It only took me 10 minutes to take it. 32 questions, multiple choice. I'm a fast reader and some of that stuff I actually knew! Go figure! LOL
***********
Okay, next subject: Weight Loss. I have reached my goal! I'm so happy for me! My short term goal of reaching 175 lbs. I have lost 28 pounds and am now 175 lbs. I can wear my fat pants again. I'm leaving behind my extra fat pants. It felt so good this morning to put these pants on. These same pants that when I tried to wear them at Christmas they lacked about two inches to even button. I couldn't even lay on my back and squeeze into them. Now, I have them on, (right now) and I was standing up when I buttoned them. They are even comfortable, not so tight that they bulge my gut up to my boobs, therefore bulging my boobs up to my neck giving me cleavage to my chin. They are comfortable when I sit, they are comfy when I squat. I could go to work in these jeans and not be dying to unbutton them by 9:00 in the morning. I could wear these on Tuesdays when I go to work, then stay in town for my 3 hour Lit class in the evening. That means wearing them from 7:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night. Isn't that exciting?
Now I have a new goal. My new goal is 165 lbs. Just 10 more pounds. I CAN DO IT!
*********
I should go now on this high note. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. I don't want to think too much or I might find a reason to pick apart my good mood. I have my paper for Lit class already written and it's not due until tomorrow night. I do, however, have quite a bit of reading for that class still to do. So, I'm outie!

2 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Who is your Psych instructor? I'm taking Psych online this semester and the instructor is actually one from MSSU and omg, there is SO MUCH to remember! The parts of the brain, the functions of all those neurowhatsits and yeah....I'm thinking I should probably be studying...today is our first test!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on everything! I'm sure you did well on your test. If it seems like you knew the answers to the questions, you probably did! And how in the world did you lose so much weight so fast?! Wow!! You should be feeling pretty good about yourself. Setting goals and accomplishing them (and even being ahead of the game for that paper!) is a great feeling.
N

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home