Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Love is

For some reason, I ended up with my brother's children's living Bible from when we were kids. I've actually been reading it here and there. When I find a scripture I really like I read it in all the different versions I have to see if I can glean anything else out of it. Here's what this scripture said. I can't remember the exact address, but it's the scripture in Corinthians about love. Love is patient, love is kind, etc.

"Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out."

Now, here's the part that really touched me. I have never read anything like this in any other version. I think it was written just for me.

"If you love someone you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe in him, and always stand your ground in defending him."

This is for all those people out there who are wondering why I'm sticking with Mike. Why stay? They ask, I have every right to leave. And yes, I agree. I do have every right to leave. But, I don't want to. I have every right to stay, too. And I have chosen to stay because I love him. I know we can be happy. I trust in my Lord.

Well, gotta go. I'm at the library and I have 5 minutes to walk to Shipley 204 for College Algebra. I think I can make it.

Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home