Friday, December 11, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

I just haven't had much news to post about, I guess. Last week, a week from today, I made contact with two high school friends that I haven't seen in 20 years. Both through Facebook. The first one works at a bar in Neosho and I went to listen to him sing. Amazing! I couldn't believe my ears. I had no idea the man could sing like that. I sat up there next to him on his little stage while he belted out songs and I sat there dumbfounded by that voice. I stayed there and visited and listened for an hour and a half then headed on home with the promise to definitely return and next time bring some friends. (I mentioned it on fb and last night some of my fb friends went out to hear him and they were pleased as well.)
After I left Neosho, I went on home and had cookies to bake for someone. I started drinking and baking at the same time. It's a wonder the cookies turned out decent because I didn't measure anything. I don't usually measure stuff when I cook, but when I bake, I tend to measure because it makes a little more difference. But, hey, the cookies turned out good. I was just throwing stuff in the bowl doing my best Julia Child impersonation (she and I were both born on August 15th btw) and sipping away on my rum & Coke. Yum.
While in the middle of all that, I was texting my other fb friend and I invited him over. And he came over! By the time he got there from Miami, I was already tipsy and he brought more alcohol! We ended up both getting very drunk (me especially) and stayed up all night long. I couldn't believe I did that. I got about 20 minutes sleep then got up and went to work. I did ok, but felt miserable. When I got home, took care of a few loose ends, then headed out to Branson. It's been a week, but I don't think that I've caught up with my sleep yet.
Branson was ok. Silver Dollar City was not much fun. It was so stinking crowded! People EVERYWHERE! It was virtually impossible to enjoy yourself. Ever see that picture of that crowded swimming pool in Japan? That's how SDC felt Saturday. At least we had a good time at Branson Landing before we headed out to SDC.




I have this entire office to myself this afternoon. It feels rather strange. At least I got all my stuff done this morning that required me walking over to accounting because I wouldn't be able to do that now. Get this: a woman called me earlier and wanted to know what the Tribe was giving out to the children at the Christmas party tomorrow because if it wasn't anything good, she wasn't bothering to come. I refuse to ever be that greedy or let my child be greedy. GREED! What an ugly UGLY thing it is. And what ugly UGLY people it creates. Jesus, help her.

I've been really working hard on getting myself enrolled for the spring semester. I'm going back no matter what. I sent my advisor an email and guess what!? She retired and I hadn't been reassigned to a new advisor. Yay. But, she was really nice and returned my email and said she had forwarded my email to someone who could help me. January 11 is the first day of classes so my first day would be January 12. The business committee hasn't gotten together over my case yet so I don't know my future here for much longer. I feel very up in the air and sometimes I get a little apprehensive, but I remember my goal, and forget about the rest. In a month from today, I will know more.

I'm jammin out to the sounds of Glen Miller, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Bing (affectionately known to me as "my" Bing), ole Blue Eyes and all kinds of smooth voiced singers. Or swing music, as in the case of Glen Miller. Makes this place feel happier to me. You know me, I've been known to break out in song no matter where I am. Work, home, store, doesn't matter. Instead of "GOTTA DANCE!!!" it's "GOTTA SING!" I totally skipped my classical mood this fall and have gone through a jazz mood. I love that jazz. Not smooth jazz. I hate that crap. But real jazz.

Hey, the decorations for the office Christmas tree just arrived. Finally. I put the tree up yesterday. A little late, I know, but better late than never. I hated that the place didn't have any kind of decoration acknowledging Christmas, so I requested it. I volunteered to put everything up and take everything down, so I got what I wanted. They had all the stuff, just put away in storage. People aren't very Christmasy around here. I am, that makes up for it. Since when do I care what they think anyway? lol

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home