Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wow, re reading my last post makes me pretty sick of myself for today.  My summer was crappy and I gained back all the weight that I worked so hard to lose in the winter.  I had the chance to get rid of my periods for life, but it was going to take a little bit of sacrifice for a while.  First of all, I had to go on hormone replacement therapy for about 10 weeks.  Oh, boy, talk about hating one's self.  It was not fun.  In that process, I quit exercising, (it also got too hot for the running outside) and my diet just went all to hell. 

We made it to the Florida in August, but I never once got the opportunity to run on the beach.  It was the worst vacation ever.  Hurricane Isaac came by the edge of where we were, so the condo was closed.  We spent our entire vacation staying in hotels.  And we didn't get to spend any time on the beach.  I see other people's pictures of their trip to Destin and I'm jealous, because it looked nothing like that when we were there.  It looked like this.

I had my procedure (NovaSure and E Sure if you want to Google them and see what I had done to my lady bits) done the week before I left for vacation, which in hindsight, I should've NEVER done.  But, oh well, what's done is done.  I really thought that I would be back to myself within a few days to a week, but here I am 8 weeks later and still not back to my normal self.  I use that term "normal self" very loosely. I went back to the doctor last week and he told me I just need more time to feel better.  It could be up to 3 to 4 months before I feel better and up to 8 to 9 months before I am completely healed up.  He also said to wait for the 3 to 4 months before I start any rigorous work outs. So, around Christmas time I should be able to start working out again in earnest.  I am not pleased and I kind of wish I hadn't had this procedure done.  But, like I said, what's done is done.  I can only go forward from here and make the best of it.  Hopefully, some day all this pain and waiting will be worth it.

Shael graduated Wyandotte High School back in May.  Her dad and I were so proud of her!  And now she is going to school full time at NEO and working part time at Grand Lake Lodge in housekeeping.  I am more than proud of her.  She has a goal and she's working toward it.  She's got the world at her finger tips. She's also stunningly beautiful, but I'm a little biased.  She'd be stunningly beautiful even if I wasn't biased.
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home