Friday, March 03, 2006

Over the river and through the woods

To the sex offenders house we go. A friend of mine sent me this link to check my neighborhood for sex offenders and I found that I have FIVE of them living under six miles from my house. The closest one being under two miles from my house. Yikes! Of course, these miles are "as the crow flies" miles, they would have to own a boat to get to my house in that many miles, but still, that's too close for comfort. Check it out for yourself. http://www12.familywatchdog.us

****************
My dog has a broken leg. Great. Vet bills that we weren't expecting. The poor thing, we aren't sure what happened. I think he was probably sleeping in the road again and didn't hear a car coming and he got ran over. He doesn't have the best of hearing and he's still a young dog. I guess that's why he doesn't bark when all the coyotes (pronounced kye-ote around this house) are yipping and yapping every night. Poor Rosco.
Mike was still awake when I fell asleep last night around 10:00 (yep, big night owls, we are) and he got up at 4:00 because he couldn't sleep. I wasn't having any problems so I went back to sleep. At 5:00 his alarm went off and I tried, I really did, to ignore Nirvana singing Smells Like Teen Spirit, but when the CD started skipping, I had to get up to ask him how to turn it off. I found him standing in the kitchen cleaning up coffee. It seems the coffee pot went haywire again and instead of the coffee landing in the pot like it should after it brews, it somehow seeps out the top and ran all over the countertop. Wasted his entire pot and he had to brew another. I went back to bed after turning the alarm off and dozed in and out for another 30 minutes or so and then Mike came in there and cozied up next to me in the bed. By that, I mean he flopped down on his back next to me and put his hand on my boob. I knew he was worried about something by his quietness. It was the dog. He was worried about the dang dog. We have house, car, truck and motorcycle payments due the next two weeks and he's wondering how we're going to pay for a vet. I knew he was feeling buyers remorse for the $350 he just spent on his motorcycle last week. When he was talking about buying that stuff I told him "Why don't you wait a little bit, until we get something paid off before you start spending money on that bike." But did he listen? Of course not. I could have said "I told you so" but I didn't. I held my tongue because he was torturing himself far better than I ever could.
When I got up and came into the living room, I saw that he'd been watching CMT since about 4:30 when he got out of the shower. I sat down and watched a few videos while my oatmeal was cooking. Things I've learned: Josh Turner...Hot. Willie Nelson...Not.

**********************
I'm heading off to T-Town tonight. I'll be spending the night in the Airport Radisson then at 8:30 tomorrow morning I'll be walking downstairs to the conference room for a work shop that'll last until 3:30. I get 6 hours credit for it to go towards my 20 hours a year of continuous education that all Day Care employees of any day care must go through. It's been so long since I signed up, I don't even remember what it's suppose to be about. I just remember it sounded fun. I'm mainly looking forward to eating at Taco Cabana tonight. How sad is that?

******************
Shael will be spending the night with Mike's Mom tonight as my parents are off to Branson to see Kenneth Copeland. Heaven forbid Mike stay home a whole evening with his daughter. But, it's her choice, she wanted to go. I bet that he stays at his Mom's house and eats supper there instead of coming home and fixing himself something here. One time when I was gone an entire week, he went to his parents house every single night to eat. Big baby. lol

I'd better go get Shael rounded up. I have to take her all the way to school today since my parents aren't home to let her catch the bus at their house this morning. I haven't even packed my bag for tonight yet. I should hurry!

1 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Yeah, I've seen that site and found out that I, too, have sex offenders allllll around me. Oy.

Josh Turner's voice is enough to make me melt. Then as if his voice wasn't enough - to look at him!! *sigh*

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home