Thursday, February 23, 2006

God Does NOT Hate Fags

My goodness. I cannot believe what I've been reading. Can you? Seems there's this nice little group of people in Topeka, KS calling themselves the "Westboro Baptist Church" who are protesting military funerals. One which happened right here in Miami. Isn't that the saddest thing you've ever heard? This boy, who died in Iraq a few weeks ago, his family in mourning, couldn't even have a normal funeral because these freaks protested. I don't care if you are against the war, you don't protest at a funeral, people! N, you are the most anti war, anti Bush person I know, would you protest at a Marine's funeral? Didn't think so. That boy's poor family, I feel so bad for them.
These people, these "Baptists" (I'm sure real Baptists are cringing at the thought of sharing a name with these people) are some severe homophobes. Now, you know me, I think homosexuality is wrong. Is it not the way God designed the human race, I don't care what scientists are saying these days. I still believe that God loves these homosexuals just as much as He loves me. Every single person on the face of this earth, He loves. It's unfathomable to my little pea brain to think that He loves terrorists as much as He loves me. He loves us all. He wants us all. It is not His "Chosen Elect" who are loved by Him. But here comes the deal. We have to chose Him. If we confess with our mouths and believe in our hearts then we are saved. Even if we had been a "sodomite" for 35 years, if we pray to God, He hears us. He'll save us. This is at once a simple concept and an nonunderstandable concept. Part of me says "This is the most simple concept in the world! How do people get so deceived when the truth is plain and simple. God Loves YOU. God loves the whole world. For God so loved the WORLD that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. What is so hard about that? What is hard about that is How? How can God love me when I've sinned so greatly? How can God love Bin Laden when he's truly an evil man? Because God so loved the WORLD. You parents look at your own children. How much do you love them, even when they sin? Nothing they can say or do can separate you from that love you have for them. How much more does our Heavenly Father love us?
My, my, my, my, my. I was looking on the on line paper about this boy's funeral. I found the web site to this group. Their web address was god hates fags dot com. Not to intentionally advertise for them, though I know I am, just by mentioning them, but I had to go check out what this group was all about. I was angered, outraged, and mostly saddened by what I found. To quote Woody "You're a sad, strange little man".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's ridiculous to protest at a marine's funeral. In fact, I consider soldiers and marines secondary victims to this war. Many have no other choices, so they justify the way things are in their own minds in order to simply continue with their jobs. Many who do question the morality of the war we are currently involved in don't have the ability to communicate that in an effective way. I have never understood 'Christian love' that incites hatred and judgement. I'm completely with you on both points.
N

4:34 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

In which online paper did you read about this? We only get a MNR sometimes when the paper guy has extras, so I haven't heard a thing about it - if it was even in there.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I just re-read my comment - I hope that didn't come across wrong. What I mean was - if it was even in the MNR and not some other paper. The MNR isn't known for its plethora of news coverage ya know. :)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home