Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Must Be A Middle Age Thing

If I'm reaching middle aged, then I'll only live to be 66. That ain't right!

I think I'm getting weirder in my music listening habits. If I become boorish, or snobbish in a Charles Emerson Winchester the Third kind of way, some body please let me know. But classical music is starting to mean more and more to me. Mr. Medders would be so proud to know that he opened that door for me all those years ago. It hung ajar for so many years, and then would only partially open with a creak in the fall for a few more years. But starting in November of 2005, the creaky door swung wide open and now so many new sounds and ideas are flooding in. Now if I start liking pipe organ music, I'll know I've changed. For a person who is really in to lyrics, some how music without lyrics is speaking to me louder than words ever have. Or in some instances, words in a foreign language I don't understand. At first I thought "Who knows? They could be telling me I'm ugly and stupid and I would never know" but I did a tiny bit of research and have discovered that the ones that moved me the most end up being psalms or hymns in Latin or even German. Maybe I'd make a good Lutheran, should I ask Garrison Keillor? Listen to this. That's what I heard on the radio the other day and the nice people at KRPS were wonderful at getting back to me and letting me know all the info on the song. Thanks KRPS! You guys are great! Listen to those song samples! Am I losing it? That stuff moves me? That's Middle Ages stuff. Renaissance music. I've never been in to music like this before. I'm anxious to see what I'll be in to next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home