Thursday, June 22, 2006

Glad We Have Walgreen's

Have you seen that commercial for Walgreen's where the lady gives her husband an anniversary card and he stammers around a bit then says "Well, uh, I was going to get you a card. I thought of it, I really did"? Then the lady wraps her arms around him and says "I LOVE YOU!" The announcer guy then does his voice over and says "Because it's not always the thought that counts". You know where I'm going with this, don't you? Yesterday I made Mike this cute little anniversary card and when I gave it to him, he said "Oh, I was going to buy you some flowers, but when I stopped at the florist, she'd closed at 4:00"
My first thought, was, "There's only one florist around?" but I immediately chastised myself over that selfish thought. Who needs flowers? Not me, especially since he's taking me away for the weekend. That was what I really wanted, so flowers didn't mean a whole lot this time. Not to say I wouldn't have enjoyed them had I got them.
I have this stupid workshop that I have to go to Saturday, but as soon as it's over, we are out of the county. Almost out of the state. I'm going to catch a ride to the workshop with Linda and Mike is going to pick me up directly from the workshop. It's in Miami, is over at 3:00, and required. I hope, at least, that it's a good one and not boring. I know I'll be chomping at the bit to get out of there, anyway. We are taking the bike down south to the Kiamichi Mountains and staying in a cabin near Talihina and on Sunday we'll take a drive through the Talimena Scenic Drive all the way to Mena, Arkansas. All of this is part of the Ouachita National Forrest. I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself. Mike even bought a new bag to go on the bike so we can take all kinds of stuff now. I feel like I'm just marking time until 3:00 Saturday afternoon.

*******************
Shael is going off to camp today when she gets out of summer school. It's been going on since Monday, but since she had school, she couldn't go for the first part of the week. She's going to be there all through today, spend the night tonight, all day tomorrow (Friday), spend the night Friday night then I'm going to go early to pick her up Saturday morning before I have to go to the workshop. I'll take her to my Mom's and she'll spend the night with my Mom Saturday night and get up early and go to the Dinwiddie Family Reunion in beautiful Kansas City, MO. Actually it will be somewhere near Blue Springs, but close enough to KC for us to call it that. DAWG GONE, Mike and I will miss that. Instead of KC, we'll be heading the opposite direction. I better not hear any lip about that, either, or I will give some lip right back. I'm prepared.

Shael is saying that she won't go unless her cousin, Sydney, goes. But, I have news for her. She's going one way or another. I don't care is Syd doesn't go, Shael is still going. She's nervous and a little scared because she doesn't know if she'll know anyone. It's for Tribal members between the ages of 11 and 14. They are going to have so many fun things for them to do, I wish I could go. Horse back riding being the main thing Shael wants to do. But they'll have archery, culture classes, swimming, the "blob". Like that big thing on the movie "Heavy Weights". When she heard about that she went "COOOOLLL!!" She was up getting ready before 5:00 this morning. I think she's a little bit excited.
The only thing, I have to take off work to go pick her up from school, take her to the camp, then come back to work. Not a good day for this since we'll be understaffed as it is. Oh, well! Maybe there won't be a whole lot of kids. I know I'll have my two, and I'm going to really try to get them to take their naps at the time I have to leave so they won't be any trouble for someone to watch.

I'd better skidaddle. I'm going in an hour early today and I almost forgot! I'd better hustle, huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. Your trip sounds fantastic. I hope it will be great! As A is fond of saying now that she's learned what disappointment can be, "Don't wallow in your expectations." Let whatever happens happen. I'm sure it will be great.
N

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home