Sunday, June 18, 2006

I Can Hardly Weight

I am going to throw all caution to the wind and tell you all something most women hide, even from themselves. My weight. You may wonder why I'm going to tell to the whole Internet world something so private. It's because I'm going to try to shed some lb's and I thought maybe public humiliation might be a little motivator. I weigh....drumroll please.....195 pounds. Yikes! I'm almost a duce! Holy Moley. I'll get a picture posted on here sometime for a before pic.

I'm doing this for Mike and Shael. But mostly for myself. I'm tired of being fat and I'm not getting any younger, that's for sure. Also, I'm Indian. Or Native American, whatever. Diabetes and heart disease are very prevalent in the Indian race and I see myself heading in that direction if I don't take action now. So, I'm taking action.

I'm not the big fitness type person, like my sister. And I'm not a big heath food nut like other people I know. I like bread, and Dr. Pepper and all kinds of chocolate yummies. The Lord has been dealing with me about this for some time now, but nothing seems right. I don't want to try the latest diet fad, and I don't want to take pills or have surgery. So, when this guy came to our Camp Meeting and talked about weight loss, I knew it was God speaking to me again. I'm going to be following, not just a diet, but a new way to eat. What do I have to lose but the weight? Here goes, wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Hello,My name is Brad Chappel
While I was searching out for the latest information about weight loss I have found your site. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people. I like to set up a link to you. What you think about?
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas.

Wish you success with your site.
cheers
Brad
bradchappel@gmail.com
Weight loss

9:49 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I like to set up a link to you, too, friend.

Geez, the spammers will even get past your Drunken Spelling Challenge sometimes.

Anyway, WAY TO GO! I, once again, am off the wagon and back to eating to be fat. *sigh* Mom mentioned the other night our (minute) indian heritage and our family tendency towards diabetes...a hint, methinks.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home