Thursday, June 08, 2006

Have You Missed Me?

When I worked at Jack & Jill's I had this cute little girl named Maddison. She was absolutely adorable. Well, she grew up and moved on up to the next class so I didn't get to see her as often as I once had. I was use to her being there with me every day and it seemed a little weird when I only saw her at glances throught out the day. So, one day, she came over to my side to watch a little bit of TV while we all waited for our lunch to be brought back and I grabbed her up in a big hug and said, "MADDISON! Have you missed me?" to which she replied in the sweetest voice you've ever heard, "No!"
Any time I feel like I need a little bit of humbleness, I think of sweet little Maddison and how honest she was with me. Keeps me humble, yet makes me laugh out loud every time I think of it.
***************
This week has been Camp Meeting week. *sigh* I'm tired and I'm sad.
Tired because I got up at 4:45 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday, worked at the church then went to work at the Day Care. Then came home for a few minutes and went back to church for the evening meetings, came home and was in bed no sooner than midnight. Monday I worked my regular shift at the Day Care (9:00-5:00) then went to the evening meeting. Four hours and forty five minutes after crawling in bed, I'm crawling out of bed to go to church. I work in the kitchen at the church from 6:00 to 8:45 Tuesday morning then go to work at the Day Care from 9:00 - 6:00. Then to the church by 7:00. I'm flopping myself in bed around 12:30 only to slowly drag myself out again four hours and fifteen minutes later. Wednesday I work in the kitchen at the church from 6:30 to 2:15 and then go to work at the Day Care from 2:30 - 6:00. Back at church by 7:00. I'll admit I got to bed a little earlier last night. It was 11:30 when I got to bed. And I didn't have to get up as early this morning. I got up at 7:00 and it felt like I'd slept like a rock. Seven and a half hours...WOO! I grabbed some Z's now, didn't I?
Sad because, well there's two reasons. One, the obvious reason. This is the first year of Camp Meeting without our Pastor Leon. In fact, he's been gone less than 30 days. Talk about emotional. It's been a very roller coster ride type week. There's been laughing and crying and lots of remembering of the man who started it all 27 years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home