Monday, July 31, 2006

I Hate When That Happens

Something happened or was said Saturday afternoon that was so frickin hilarious, I was going to tell one of my friends about it. By Saturday evening, I couldn't even remember what it was. So much for giving that friend a good laugh. Must've been a real good one, I can't even remember it.
*********
Saturday was so rushed, it went by in a blur. A very hot blur, I might add. I got up around 7:30 and did two loads of laundry, I had to if I wanted to be clothed when I left the house. Two loads done, five more to go. But those five loads would have to wait. When I finally had something clean to wear, I left for Joplin to pick up our Angel Food. Since I was going to be in Joplin anyway, I had a couple things I wanted to do so I went and did those first. As I was getting on I-44 my phone rang and it was Mike asking me to stop by the Harley Shop to get an oil filter for Mitchell because he got the wrong one. Okay, add one more item on my things to do list. First, I went to Tuesday Morning to buy the thing I'd seen two weeks ago when I didn't have any money. I got in there and couldn't find it. They'd moved it, but I finally found it and ended up spending nearly $30 on that one item plus several more items that were just too dern cheap to pass up. I got a whole armful of things for $27, what a deal! From there I went to Hobby Lobby and lo and behold, they were in the process of moving stuff, too. Why can't these stores just leave things in the same place instead of confusing the customers and making us wonder around like chickens with our heads cut off? Impulse buyers, I guess, but I didn't do any of that, I knew what I wanted and that's all I bought. I spent $27 there, too. Weird. I paid $7.99 for a spool of thread, can you believe that? It's very thin, nylon thread to sew beads on to the pair of moccasins I bought Nikolas in S.D. I didn't even look at the price, I knew I needed it so I picked it up and carried it to the cashier. When I plopped that spool down and I saw the price, my eyes bulged from my head. The woman in front of me suggested fishing wire, it's cheap, but I'm not sure that fishing line comes in that fine a thread. It's a very fine, clear thread. Oh, well. It's only money.
Then I went and got our groceries at the church between Wall and Joplin streets. I couldn't remember which street was northbound and which was southbound, but it turned out it didn't really matter because the church took up the whole block and I could get to it from either street.
Then I went south to the Harley Shop and got that oil filter for my cousin, hoping that I was getting the right one so I wouldn't screw up. That went smoothly, Mike had already called and they had the right one set out already when I got there. All I had to wait on was the guy to ring it up. I was in and out in less than five minutes.
I got that taken care of and headed home. Well, by way of the beauty shop, that is. But first, I stopped at D.Q and got me a burger and a french vanilla Moolatte. I have found a new addiction. YUM. Naturally, there was a huge order in front of mine, so by the time I actually got my burger, my Moolatte was empty. The burger was too hot to eat right away, and since I'd gotten it to go, I headed on to the beauty shop to drop off Mom's and Roni's groceries that I'd picked up. That took me a while to unload that stuff and get on out of there. (I was also suppose to pick up another lady's groceries and I messed up and didn't get hers. I always have a way of screwing things up, it seems)
I stopped by Mitchell's house and practically threw the oil filter at them and flew home. When he tried to pay me, I didn't have time to wait for him to dig out his money, so I told him to pay Mike. That's $14 I'll probably never see again.
I got home at 2:21. I had to be at Grove for a wedding that started at 3:00. I rushed in the house and asked Shael to help me with the groceries, which she thank goodness volunteered to put away so I wouldn't have to mess with it. Then I quickly wrapped a little present I had for the bride, made a tag to match, washed my smelly armpits and applied fresh deo and was out the door again in 20 minutes. As I may have mentioned, I've been stuck driving the Suburban which has no a/c. My hair was wild from the wind and the hat I'd been wearing to keep my hair half way tamed in the wind. I had sweat pouring off me and oozing down every crack and crevice on my body. And despite the armpit wash and fresh deo, I still smelled bad. I pulled into the church parking lot at straight up 3:00. I ran inside, yes, I literally ran, and the grandparents were being seated by the ushers. I stood there and waited a minute until there was a break in the traffic and several of us late comers were told to go find a seat. We didn't really interrupt, so all was well. But I was so embarrassed because I was so hot, my hair was wet from sweat and I smelled like I'd been wrestling goats. I swear, I could smell myself, I know the poor kid beside me could smell me, too. I distanced myself from my neighbors on each side with a seat so maybe that would be kind of a buffer between us so they wouldn't have to smell me. It was bad, I tell ya.
After the wedding, I didn't stay for the reception, I was way to embarrassed by my appearance and odor. I left and met up with Mikey and Mitchell,who had installed his new oil filter and Mitchell's girlfriend, Theresa. We got on the bikes and took off. We went back to Joplin and messed around up there for a while then went to eat at a Chinese place in Neosho. Very dangerous for me, but I lived dangerously that day. We took the scenic route home and I stayed home after that. I had been sweating and smothering all day. I wanted to be home in the cool air for a change. Plus, I felt like I really needed to be a responsible parent and be there for Shael who had been home by herself all day. Off and on Mike and I were there with her throughout the day, but for the most part, she was there alone.
Mike, not wanting to be the responsible parent, went to a party. I told him he was going out to play "high school" and I was going home to be the grown up. The party he was going to ended up being a day time party because when he got there it was already over. So, instead of coming home, he goes to the VFW for a while then on to The Pelican. Remember the DIVE? Yeah. That's the one. *sigh* He'd already been to it once that day while I was at the wedding. I hate my husband going to bars. Bars are for sad, pathetic, lonely people who don't have anything better to do. Not for husbands and fathers with families at home wishing they'd come home to spend time with them.
***************
No more of that talk or I'll get pissed all over again. Wait, too late!
Now I've got to go. Monday has rolled around again and I barely had a weekend. Next weekend will be just the same. I have a family reunion at noon, a baby shower at 2:00 and an anniversary party at 2:00 that I'm going to have to miss. I will make sure and let them know that I won't be able to make it and send them a card. Because I know how it feels to throw an anniversary party that people don't show up for.
Have a Monday. I mean a good Monday.
Yeah.
Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home