Friday, November 10, 2006

Fun With Shael



Shael and I went to Silver Dollar City yesterday to see their Old Fashioned Christmas. Once again, we didn't get to do or see everything we wanted to do or see. We were there about five hours even. How does that happen? We could have stayed longer, but I really didn't want to get home too awful late because it was, after all, a school night. Shhhh, don't tell the school why she wasn't there yesterday.
We had such a good time. I felt like she needed a little bit of Mama time where we went somewhere away from home and the nagging about clean rooms and homework. I knew she was looking forward to going, but she was totally impressed when I let her skip school for a day. I wanted to give that much to her after leaving her home while I traipsed off to Maine by myself and Mike traipsed off to Colorado with "the guys". I'll be taking off for Dallas Sunday after Sunday school leaving her here alone with her Daddy, so I'm hoping they have some good father/daughter time while I'm gone. I'm only going to be gone a few days, surely they can stand each other that long. When I was in Maine, Shael was only home three of the seven nights I was gone. I guess you could say Mike had some "alone time" while I was gone.

But, anyway, here are a couple pictures I took yesterday at SDC. Remember, it was November 9th, the Christmas lights and decorations were everywhere and it was 87 degrees outside. I specifically took her yesterday because of that. Today it's suppose to be 47 degrees by afternoon. So, it kind of felt surreal to be surrounded by all the Christmas decorations wearing a t-shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home