Monday, October 16, 2006

One More Day

Well, here I am again for one more post before I leave. It's all rainy today and I would love to be able to stay home and take a nap this afternoon. That ain't happenin', I tell ya. I have all my clothes to be packed stacked in neat little piles on my bed to show me what I have for each day. Complete with socks and underwear. Except for a couple days worth because I ran out of clean underwear and the ones I'd washed were still in the dryer. Then Mike asked me to come in town at lunch time (11:00) because he wanted to take me to this store that was suppose to have leather jackets and things on sale for fairly cheap. I was already suppose to meet someone here at the library at 9:00, so, instead of going back home then turning around and coming back in to town, I'm hanging around town until 11:00. I should get home around 12:30 then I have to leave again to pick Shael up after school. Yay. I'll have 2-1/2 hours at home this afternoon to finish that HUGE pile of laundry I have stashed in the hallway and to pack my bags. I have tonight, but you know how it is before a trip, it always seems like you are rushed the night before. I wanted to bake some cookies to leave for Mike and Shael, but who knows if I'll get that done. That's way down on my priority list.

I went gallivanting around Arkansas yesterday with a truckload of men to look at a motorcycle. Mike asked if I wanted to go and I said yes and to make a long story short, when I got out of my car and turned around to climb into the back seat of the Suburban with my cousin, Mitchell, I saw my other cousin, Matt, in the back seat with him. I was scrunched in between two big ole guys in the back seat because Mike hadn't put in the third row seat. We drove almost two hours like that. After we looked at the bike, which was not at all what Mike was interested in buying, Matt climbed into the very back of the Suburban so we weren't so squished. I did kind of laugh to myself because I got to thinking that that Suburban was sure carrying around a lot of flesh. Two of the men weigh around 280 and another weighs around 250 and the other one weighs around 350+ and I weigh nearly 200. That's a lot of weight to carry around. But that thing chugged on like we were a bunch of feathers.

I guess I'm out of here. I'm kind of running out of things to say, can you tell? See you on the other side of next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, just came across your blog randomly by hitting the next blog button. Is this the Maine trip you were writing about? I want to go up there so bad, but it looks like I will have to wait until next year :( Have fun!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home