Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles


Remember that line in Sixteen Candles when the Donger was found passed out on the front lawn and Grandpa said "Long. Long. Where is my auto-mo-bile?" and Dong replies with "Auto-mo-beel?" Good stuff, good stuff. As I was sitting on the plane this morning, I was thinking of that line for some reason.

It's so very good to be home. I enjoyed myself and had a great trip, but Dorothy was right when she said "There's no place like home". It felt so weird because I got back to Tulsa and was being shuttled back to my auto-mo-bile before noon. I stopped at the Waffle House over on 193rd and grabbed myself some cheese ~n~ eggs with grits, bacon, and raisin toast. Yum. I gave the waitress an exuberant tip, simply because she was a friendly Okie.

I got Shael picked up from school by around 2:15. She was so happy to see me, that she gave me this huge hug right there in the hall at school. Granted, there wasn't anyone in the hall except the custodian, but I like to think she would have hugged me that hard had the whole hall been full of students.

I'm kind of tired, I think I'll hit the hay now. I'll be watching Nikolas tomorrow for a couple hours and I want to be rested up for that. Good night people. More on my trip later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelstar said...

heh heh.. i shared a similar moment just now. That line: "auto-mo-beel?!" popped right in my head for no reason at all. Remembered where it came from right as i clicked "search". Yep, good stuff! :)

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home