Thursday, November 16, 2006

I Can Hear The Time Ticking

I can hardly believe that Thanksgiving is only one week from today. I have got SO much to do before then. Instead, here I am, watching the free preview of The Hallmark Channel (nothing wrong with tons of old episodes of The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Matlock, and M*A*S*H).
I got home from Dallas yesterday morning at 3:15. Yes, that's a.m. I slept until Mike woke me up around 10:30 bringing me donuts and coffee in bed. He'd come home early from work. It was so windy he was having a hard time getting anything done so he just quit for the day. Today is much better. Now my days feel all mixed up, I can't seem to remember what day it is.
My Dallas trip was so fun. We had new blood this year. My cousins wife went with us so there were five of us. Aunt Edie, Mom, Roni, Shandy, and me. We had such a good time we decided we were going to go back to Dallas next year. There so much to do and see that we got nowhere near close to doing and seeing it all. When I got home and got all my purchases out and looked at them, I got to thinking that I sure didn't buy a whole lot for as much money as I spent. I got myself a good leather coat to wear on the bike and that was my major purchase. It wasn't cheap, a good deal, but still kind of high dollar. I had slight buyer's remorse when Mike said that he only spent $90 on his good heavy leather coat. But, once I got home and he got a look at it, he said it was worth way more than $90 and that I did, in fact, get a great deal on it. That made me feel so much better.

Okay, since this is my blog, and I have from time to time climbed up on my own personal soap box, let me take this opportunity to do it again. I absolutely LOATH those Geico commercials with the cave man. I hate them with a purple passion that runs so deep I feel this urge to drop kick the television through the back door every time one comes on. I usually mute it when one comes on, but just now I wasn't near enough to the remote to take care of it on time. Mike has Geico insurance on his motorcycle and it honestly makes me want to tell him to cancel it purely out of spite for those stupid commercials. I can't stand them.
I'm better now. I can climb down from my soap box. I'll just tuck it away somewhere out of the way so I can get it out another time when something else bugs me enough to want to shout out about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home