Friday, January 18, 2008

Stupid Deer

I hit a deer last week. Stupid thing. If it would have stayed where it was, I would have completely missed it. But, oh no! The stupid thing had to take off at the very last available second to be smacked by my car. So, instead of hitting a deer, I was hit by a deer. She smashed my headlight, struck her head on my left fender, moving it back about a quarter of an inch, dented in my drivers side door and left her hair and blood in various places around the left side of my car. When I first got stopped, I could hardly get my door open. Now that it's been a week, it has kind of loosened up a bit but it still sticks and makes this horrible haunted house creaky door sound when I open it. It's because the fender was moved back that quarter of an inch and was in the way of the door.
Insurance actually came through for me and is paying to have it fixed. Mike and my Dad are going to do it and guess what? Daddy said he would paint the whole car for me and I can change to whatever color I want. Except red because red paint is too expensive. Can you see me driving my first green car? Oh, yeah, I can. After all these years, I'll finally get a green car. I wish you could have seen the look on Mike's face when I told him green. He told me that he and Daddy had been discussing what color to paint it and what color they thought I might want. Daddy had said "You don't think she'll want that stupid green, do you?" and Mike said "Well, you know she will!" I guess the two men in my life kind of know me.
So, anyway, in a couple weeks, I should have my green lumina. The color of my car has been the main thing I haven't liked about it from the beginning. White. Yuck. You either love it or hate it. And I hate it. White cars are for old people.
The bad news is, I'll have to drive the Suburban for a week and a half. Man, I've GOT to get a job! If anyone knows of a part time job available, please let me know! To drive that tank for a week and a half, I might have to get some sort of loan.

I'm sitting here at the college library in Miami, half way looking out the window as I type. I'm sitting right next to the east window and I kind of enjoy watching the people walk by. And the animals! I've seen two dogs and a cat so far and I've only been here 15 minutes. What's up with the pets roaming around? Do the campus police need to add a dog catcher to their line up?

The other night, Mike got home around 12:30 and he picked a fight (no way!) and I got so upset I couldn't sleep afterwards. Mike, on the other hand, had no problem and was sawing logs. After fighting an hour, then trying to sleep for an hour, I ended up getting up and doing some homework at 2:30 in the morning. Might as well be productive if I'm awake anyway. And what did I start working on? I have an oral report due today at noon on none other than Freud. OH, HOW APPROPRIATE. Jeez-Louise. Yes, I was studying Freud after fighting with Mike about sex. How, well, Freudian.

Well, I really must get off here. I've got to do some more research on Anna Freud for my report. She actually worked more with children than her good old pop, Sigmund. I wonder if he thought she was in love and wanted to have sex with him, but chose his profession in lieu of his phallus. HA! Sicko.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home