Wednesday, February 15, 2006

So. Sleepy.

I can't seem to get caught up on my sleep. Aunt Flo left, after only staying 7 days. Nice of her to only stay a week. There's been times she's stayed for weeks or even months at a time. Yuck. But, now, after all traces of insomnia are gone, I'm way behind on my z's. I go to bed and fall asleep immediately and don't wake up until I hear Mike getting up at 5:30. Sometimes I'm even still in the same position that I was in when I fell asleep. I'm not hearing the alarm go off at 5:00 (yes, it drives me nuts that he sets the alarm for 30 minutes before he gets up) I'm not waking up to go put a log on the fire in the middle of the night so when we get up at 5:30 the fire is all but history. I got 7 hours of sleep last night and I feel like I could've slept a couple more hours. I did not want to get out of bed this morning. In fact, I'm seriously considering going back to bed.
*******************************
I've been listening to Revolution on Sirius a lot lately. It's Christian Rock. Some of the songs they play are a little too hard for me so I switch it back to Spirit, which is contemporary Christian. But after listening to the harder stuff for so long now, the lighter stuff is almost irritating. If Michael W. Smith is playing, I switch it to 80's or something else. For some reason I don't like his music. I feel that any song he releases gets mega play time whether it's good or not, just because of who it is. He could release a fart and it would soar to the top of the charts. "And the #1 song on 20 The Countdown Magazine is once again, Passed Gas, by Michael W. Smith"
So, anyway, where I was going with that. I had to meet Mike in Joplin last night so he could get his bike worked on (recall work) and on the way up there I heard this song that cracked me up. I hear this band all the time, and each time I have to laugh because the idea seems so unlikely yet it works. I told Mike if The Beasty Boys and Chicago were to get saved, then blend their bands together, you'd get the O.C. Supertones. But, on the way home, I heard another song by them and they sounded more like Chicago meets Fall Out Boy. Slammin' guitars with horns. Who woulda thunk it? But, like I said, it works. I like them.
*********************
I'm hungry but I don't want to fix myself breakfast. Oh, Jeeves, start my grits for me. I like them with butter and sugar. Oh, wait, I don't have servants. Guess I'll have to go slave over my microwave and make my own grits. Yes, I know, from watching My Cousin Vinnie that no self respecting Southerner would make instant grits. That makes me a self respecting Okie. Because I make instant grits and enjoy every bite.
Ta!

1 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I slept 9 damn hours last night. I CRASHED. It was my catch-up night....of course, I woke up with a backache from sleeping too long, lol.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home