Saturday, February 18, 2006

Let It Snow!

Shael and I were on our way to Joplin last night (Mike didn't want to go) when it started sleeting. I went on in to Seneca, got gas, stopped at the store and got some ice cream for Mike then came home. So much for Hobby Lobby. I was so disappointed. When we got home I was all bitchy so I sat in my bedroom and watched Hot Shots Part deux. Then I went to sleep. Woo-hoo, how exciting. I woke up at 11:30 needing to use the bathroom so I got up, happened to look out the bedroom window on my way to the bathroom and Holy Cow! There was snow on the ground, and deep. And it was still coming down hard. Mike had kind stirred when I got up and he asked me what the deal was and I said the one word you don't hear much around here: "snow". Then I went in to check the fire and lo and behold it needed wood. Imagine that. I'd already used up the tiny bit I'd brought in earlier so I got bundled up and went outside to get some more logs for the fire. The snow was already deep enough to make me have to push the screen door pretty hard to get it to open. What I saw made me scream. At 11:40 I was standing out on the back porch (which is really just a stoop) screaming my head off while Shael was out there running around like a dang fool saying "IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING!" It seems when Mike went out to the wood pile with the 4 wheeler to grab up some wood to stack up next to the house, he just threw the tarp back and didn't mess with putting it back on. There was at least 2 inches of fresh snow on every piece of wood there. So, picture me out there, getting close to midnight, in my sweats and Mike's boots, near blizzard like conditions, screaming and griping and dusting off as much snow as I can and grabbing up the tarp, shaking it like a dirty rug then putting it back on. The whole time Shael acting like she'd never seen snow before in her life, Mike coming to the back door in his shorts (and if he had hair it would have been standing on end) rubbing his face saying, all groggy, "What's going on?". I wanted to scream at him "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK IS GOING ON?" But, I didn't. I just glared. Shook the tarp a few more times, placed it over the still snow encrusted wood, grabbed up a few of the less wet pieces and brought them into the house without saying a word. He gets up at 2:30 and uses the wood I had brought in so when I got up at 5:48 I had to go outside again to get wood. Funny how it works out that way, huh?
Today has been not much better. Much frustration over the fact that there's a stack of dirty dishes in the sink, even after the dishwasher was ran, clean laundry overflowing in the laundry basket because no one has put it away, and a general messiness around the entire house. The frustration stems from the fact that I seem to be the only person in this house who cares or even notices these things. One time today when I was checking the fire, I looked in and the coals were all big and pretty and I mentioned that they were like jewels and they made me want to pick them up. Mike told me to go ahead and I said back, dryly, "Yeah, right. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to fix you food to eat". Instead of laughing he said "Ooo, better not touch them then, cause that would be bad".
Must. Remember. Why. I. Married. This. Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home