Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thursdays are good. CSI

I feel like such a Ma Ingles. This morning I sewed up a big split up the side of Shael's jeans, hemmed another pair of pants, put wood on the fire and cooked my breakfast. All before 6:30. It doesn't matter that I had a sewing machine instead of sewing it by hand, or that a gas powered wood splitter split all the wood that Mike had cut down with a gas powered chain saw, or that my breakfast was instant oatmeal and all I had to do was boil water. If Ma Ingles would have had all that available, you bet you bottom dollar she would've used them.
Shael's pants were done by 5:45 because she wanted to wear them today and her and Mike leave by 6:00. I finally got all the kinks worked out on my sewing machine. I knew letting it sit for 5 weeks would fix everything. That's our philosophy. If banging it on the side doesn't help, let it sit for 5 weeks. And if it still doesn't work, throw it away. Let some poor dumpster diver find out that it doesn't work. The sewing machine wouldn't have gotten thrown away. It's brand new. It would have been sent back with a little note reading "Keep you sorry piece of junk. I want my money back" Not really, but I like to talk smack.
Tomorrow's Friday! Not payday for me, unfortunately, but still, it's Friday! The day before Saturday. So, that means that today is the day before the day before Saturday. Mike said something about going to the fights Friday night. I can send Shael to one of her grandparents' and that will leave me all alone. Alone to eat cookie dough right out of the bowl without someone saying "Hey! Are there going to be any cookies left to bake?" Hell, no! You don't want to get between a menstrual woman and her cookie dough, now do you? Alone to watch an incredibly sappy chick flick and cry when I want to without feeling self conscious when I sniff. No fear of being made fun of for crying at a silly movie. No whoops or cat calls or hearing the words "GET HER! GET HER!" when a love scene comes on. No questions during the movie about who this guy was or wasn't that the same girl that was kissing some other guy earlier in the movie. Bliss. Utopia. Nirvana.
Have a good day, everybody!

2 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I'm

So

Jealous

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Weekend!

Courtney

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home