Monday, February 13, 2006

Let the Week Begin

Am I ready to start the week all over again? I'm not sure. But, at least this week has a payday at the end of it. I'm still getting use to getting paid only every other week.
Yesterday for church, I felt compelled to wear lots of dark eye liner and mascara only. I think it had something to do with my dark mood and the fact that my eyes were sort of puffy from the all the crying I'd done over the last couple of days. So, I go to church, come home to grab some gas money after church then Shael and I take off to Miami to deliver some candy bars that she'd sold for a fund raiser in her youth group. (I'm still in disbelief that my daughter is in the youth group at church, she should still be in my class and I teach the 2 & 3 year olds) On the way to Miami, my back starts with the little twinge that means an evening of misery and discomfort. Sure enough, by the time I got home I was hurting pretty bad. I oozed out of my car and walked into the house with a limp. I stayed home from church and watched Rambo on AMC. DVD on TV last night. Mike doesn't like that because he doesn't want to read while trying to watch a movie. I guess there's lots of people like that because they show the movie by itself first, then play the movie again with all the trivia. I was in and out watching both times. When I got up to go to the bathroom I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I just about fell over backwards. My eyes! What started out as dramatic black eyeliner and mascara had turned into a quasi-goth look. All I needed was black fingernail polish and some baby powder on my face and the look would have been complete. I laughed and went to Mike and told him I looked like the lead singer of Greenday and he hadn't even said a word. Even my hair was standing up on all ends. Guess I was on Holiday! ha! Pun totally intended.
I'd better get going, I've got a little over 30 minutes to get myself around. I've wasted all morning now it's time to get cracking. Mike nor I got up to put wood on the fire so it was frigid in the house this morning so I didn't want to get up at all. I finally crawled out of my warm cozy bed around 6:05 and stood next to the stove until my back warmed up. Mike had stoked the fire back up for me. Then I watched Mona Lisa Smile because the first time I watched it I missed the ending. I wasn't sure how much I missed so I watched the remaining 1:11 of it. Turns out, I'd only missed about 10 minutes of the end. Go figure. I watch an hour and 11 minutes of a movie only to see the last 10 minutes. I didn't think it was good enough to watch twice, that's for sure. Now, it's almost 8:00 and I have to get my butt in gear. Have a non-Monday-ish Monday, ya hear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home