Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I almost forgot

Three posts in one day, whoa. (Who says Whoa? Joey Lawrence, right?)

I forgot to mention in earlier posts an update on my dog. Yes, he did have a broken leg. No, he hadn't been hit by a car. Or caught in a hog trap. He'd been shot. You read right. SHOT. Someone shot my dog and shattered his leg bone. Nice. If only I knew which neighbor it was, I'd be sure and have the shotgun ready the next time I saw their pet in my yard because at one time or another, they all mosey on through here. I'm talking ALL of them. From Beagles, to Labs. Great Danes to cats of every color. So, I had to take him to the vet, leave him there for four nights, and pay out the wazoo when I picked him up last night. He also got his nuts cut while he was there. Now he's hopping around on three legs while his splinted fourth leg just drags around behind him like it's not even part of him. The vet said he thinks it will heal up just fine because he's so young. We're having to keep him tied up so he doesn't go wandering off. He doesn't care much for that, but he's not complained too much. By way of protest, he left a nice HUGE package for Mike right in the walk way to Mike's company truck.
On the way home from the vet last night, he howled the whole way, crapped in the Suburban then tried to get to me and Shael in the front seat, getting crap all over the third row seat and the middle seat in the process. I was so disgusted with him when I opened the rear doors of the Suburban only to find that he had almost completely missed the blanket I had spread out in the back. Crapped right on the carpet. Then stepped in it and smeared it in real good. Then tracked it all over. Oh, the things we do for our pets. Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home