Tuesday, March 21, 2006

With Everything but Yule Brynner

I'm watching this Biography on Anna Leonowens on A&E. Very interesting. She was a very traveled woman and had lots of stories to tell, the most famous being eventually made into "The King and I". She was raised in India at the height of British reign, lived in Siam (modern day Thailand) at the height of that kingdom, lived in post Civil War America, lived in Canada during the beginning of social reform for women, traveled to Russia before the Revolution. What a life!
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!
I want it more than I can tell.
But for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned"
Different movie, but same sentiment.
****************
I made Shael go to bed early last night. I tried for 8:00 but it was more around 8:15 to 8:30 before she actually got in bed. I had to threaten with the switch before she headed off to bed. "Why are you staring at me? Quit looking at meee!" Well, if I take my eyes off her she just dallies around instead of doing what she's suppose to do. Which is take her medicine and GO TO BED.
After I finally got her off to bed, I did the same. Mike was watching UFC so I stuffed the cotton in my ears and nodded off in no time. I don't know how many times I woke up last night, several, but I finally ended up getting out of bed at 5:30, wishing I could sleep another couple hours. What is my problem, anyway? This cold wet weather is playing havoc on my bones. Ouch. I feel like such an old fart when I feel weather in my bones.
But the pain in my legs and my back are worth it to have rain come to this part of the land once again. I am willing to forgo my own comfort to get that burn ban out of here. After rain all day for two days I'm starting to see some green grass on the side of the road. Finally.
*********
I almost forgot to wash my scrubs. It's after 7:00 so I'd better get going. Have a good Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home