Thursday, April 27, 2006

Feeling Lucky?


I did something tonight I hadn't done in a long time. I sat on the ground and searched for a four leaf clover. It felt so nice out there. Kind of on the chilly side, but still spring in the air. Sitting out there in the side yard, listening to all the creatures and smelling a faint whiff of honey suckle (which only 10 minutes earlier I had been thinking maybe it was evil, the way it takes over everything). The dog sat there with me itching his various itches, casually harrumphing here and there and finally getting up and walking off when he could take no more of the boredom. But I was enjoying the solitude, I could hear a whiporwill and a couple of owls in the distance. I heard the neighbors sheep bleating every now and then. No one was talking to me, or just talking to hear their own head rattle. No one was bugging me. It was nice. And did I find a four leaf clover? Oh, yes. I never give up until I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home