Sunday, July 09, 2006

Another Late Night

One of these days I'll be in bed asleep by 10:00. Not this day. Once again, I was on the go all day today. I left the house before 9:00 for church, after church Mom and I went to lunch with a missionary lady that's getting ready to go back to Honduras, where she lives with her missionary husband. After we finished eating, we strolled around Wal-Mart getting shoes and wedding gifts. When we left Wal-Mart I got a whim to go to Joplin. I've been trying to make it up there for a week and I didn't want to wait another week. We left the Grove Wal-Mart parking lot at a little before 3:00 and I had to be back in Grove at the church by 6:00 for a nursery meeting. And we made it, too, with only a couple minutes late.
In Joplin, we went by the eyeglass place to check on their hours so we can go back while they're open and get Shael some new glasses. She has grown so much in the year since she's gotten her current pair that they no longer fit her face. They look like baby glasses on an adult head. Her prescription has changed in that year, also, so she needs new glasses for practical reasons, not just vanity reasons.
From there we drove to my favorite store in the whole wide world. Michael's. That place and Hobby Lobby are the best. I have been really getting in to making home made greeting cards. And Diva, if you laugh, I swear to God I'll reach right through this computer and bitch slap you! j/k, sorta. I don't really get in to the whole scrapbooking thing, I mean, it's okay, but I don't go ga-ga like Tater. Low key and simple is my motto when it comes to scrapbooking. Too much embellishing just distracts from the picture. But card making is right up my alley. I love paper. I love to look at it, feel it's texture, and buy it. Sometimes I think I could have a scrapbook of paper only, and enjoy looking at it more than anything. And I love sending letters and cards to those I care about. Encouraging words, funny pick me ups, happy birthdays, anniversaries, things like that. When I was a kid, I always hand made the birthday cards and Mother's and Father's Day cards. I still like that. Fuse that with my love for paper, and I have a hobby that suits me. Most of you that know me, have gotten a letter or card from me at least once in your life, right? I'll never forget the line I wrote in a letter to a very pregnant, very house bound, and very bored Diva....Can we birth it? YES WE CAN!
So, it took nearly an hour to drive from Grove to Joplin, then nearly and hour to drive back (can't forget the stop by DQ for ice cream on the way back) and that left me with an hour to browse at Michael's. I didn't even make it to Hobby Lobby. That would take an additional two hours. Two hours I didn't have today, but next time.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home