Saturday, July 08, 2006

Meetings, Cell Phones, Picnics and tattoos

It's midnight and I have been on the go literally all day today. I started out with going to a Tribal meeting in Miami this morning at 10:00. I got there a few minutes early and stayed to the bitter end. Yay me. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. In fact, there were less crazy people there than the last meeting. That's one good thing.
After the meeting was over, I called Mike to see if he was done working yet. Yes, he had to work on Saturday for five hours. He was not thrilled about that, let me tell you. He gets so ticked off at these people who fart around for weeks, then all of a sudden, they decide they have to have something done by 3:00 the next day. So, for weeks at a time, he'll be doing piddley things to keep busy, then BAM! He has two days to get a week's worth of work done.
But, anyway, he wasn't quite done yet, so I went to the jeweler to drop off my ring to have some work done to it and to give it an overall cleaning because it was so dirty. Well, guess what? My jeweler that I've used since I got these rings 13 years ago (15 if you want to include our engagement) has gone out of business. I was so bummed, and now I don't know who to entrust with my rings. Certainly not Harvey Clause. I'd just as soon send my rings off to the real Santa Clause than have "Ooo, Harvey!" work on them. He's as crooked as a dog's hind leg. So, if any of you locals know of a good jeweler, let me know, okay?
After finding my jeweler's store empty with his shingle still above the door, I decided to go to one of my favorite places in Miami. The bookstore. Yeah...I love going there all by my lonesome. It's the best! I parked in the back because it's way easier than parking on Main Street and as I was getting out of my car, I saw a Christian Bookstore a few doors down from my destination. It perked my interest enough that I went in there first. They were right in the middle of remodeling so it kind of looked empty. I was looking through some CD's when my phone rang and it was Mike saying he was finished so if I wanted to go to lunch, to meet him in about 15 minutes at the 'Lil Cafe. Since I was only about 3 or 4 minutes away from the 'Lil Cafe, I stayed where I was for a while longer. I ended up buying a really nice worship CD and visited with the dude in there for a while. Turns out he and I could easily become good friends. I mean, the man had on a M*A*S*H T-shirt. I've got to get me one of those!
After that, I didn't have time to go the J. Harrington, so I went on to meet Mike for lunch. We ate and then drove home separately. When we got home, Mike changed and we were off again to the tattoo parlor. We'd gone the night before but he was too busy. Actually, we'd gone Wednesday night but he'd left the sketch in his other sketchbook at home so he said come back Friday. We came back Friday night and he was so busy he said to come back around 1:00 Saturday afternoon. It was 2:00 by the time we got there this afternoon and the guy wasn't even there. The place was locked up tight. We sat in the car and waited on him for thirty minutes but he never showed up. So we took off for Grove.
Once in Grove we went to the Altell store and we both got new phones. Mike's phone wasn't in stock, so he has to wait until Wednesday to get his. Mine, they had one in stock, but it was a returned one. Assured there was nothing wrong with it, I went ahead and said "sure" and got the returned one. I should have waited on a new one. It won't ring for incoming calls. It's not on silent and I can call out but when I call it, it doesn't even ring on the phone you called it with, it goes straight to voice mail. Well, crap. Mike is going to take it back Wednesday when he goes to pick his up. Another thing that's wrong is that it says it's on roaming when it shouldn't be. He told me that even if the "R" is flashing, it won't be on roaming. I tried to make a call tonight and when I hit send it gave me a little message box that read "Roaming charges will be added to this call. To dial this number, press 1" Okay, not going to happen. I'm not going to pay $.49 a minute when I'm only in Vinita!
After leaving the cell phone place, we went back to Jawbones Tattoo and Jared still wasn't there. So, we went home. I had to cook some corn on the cob to take to my sister's picnic anyway. Right when I walked in the door, I started that corn. It was already shucked so at least I didn't have to mess with that part. One of our neighbors gave it to us Monday night right before my parents came over. I tried to give some of it to them that night but they wouldn't take any. When she wouldn't take any, I said "Well, if you guys aren't going to take any, I'll just cook it up and take it over to Roni's Saturday night when we go over there". So, I got the corn cooked, took it over to Roni's and Mom and Daddy are already there and lo and behold my dear old Mother brought corn on the cob. I was so upset that I picked up my pan of corn on the cob and took it right back to the car and cried once I got there. Mike was just pulling up on his bike when I was walking to my car and he sees me crying He kind of gives me this pitiful look and sighs this big gusty sigh and asks "What's wrong?" I was so mad that it took me probably a full minute to get myself under enough control to speak without bursting into wales. "Okay, tell me the truth, and I mean it. Did I, or did I not tell Mom that if she didn't take any of that corn Monday night that I would cook it and bring it to Roni's on Saturday?" Instead of answering, he says "Why, what happened?" I told him Mom brought corn on the cob and he shook his head and said "Yes, you did say that". I felt so vindicated, I wasn't losing my mind and I didn't just dream it up. It wouldn't have been so bad, but it was all I brought, except for a bag of chips. And it was also all my Mom and Dad brought. I was so hacked off. If neither one had said a word about what we'd bring, I would have laughed it off and said "Wow, we should have enough corn on the cob" but I specifically TOLD the woman what I was bringing and she had the gall to tell me that I'd dreamed it all up because I didn't tell her. BITCH! Then my Dad tells me that we are just alike, my Mom and me. I think that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back and sent me off in tears.
We ended up eating my corn after all. Hers was still raw and in the husk. Roni put Mom's on the grill and we ate mine, then she put Mom's in my pan and I took Mom's home with me. So, I'm still stuck with a butt load of corn on the cob. At least it's cooked.
When we left Roni's picnic, we went back to Jawbones and Jared was finally there. It was about time! Shael and I stayed and watched for a while but by 11:00 we had to go. Shael yammered away until midnight when I threatened her to get her butt in bed before I started beating on it. Mike just got home a little while ago, around 1:00. I took some pictures of his new body art and he's off to bed already and I'm still in here clacking away on the computer. I'll post the pictures later. They are still on my camera and the last time I posted pictures it took like 10 minutes per picture. It's after 1:00 in the morning, there's no way I'm going to wait another minute. I'm going to bed!
Goodnight!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are talking about the jewelry that used to be right beside harvey's (Unique Jems??? I can't remember if that was the name of it) anyway he's now in the mini mall downtown. (Right next to the Coleman) I think all he does is fix jewelry now. Hang in there with your mom.......I can tell you ALOT of things about mine that are absolutely eating at my soul!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be a conversation between the two of us!!!!
C

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacie,
Duane uses Goforth Jewelers next to Osborn Drug and he really likes them.

BE

1:42 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Gordon (Unique Gems) retired due to cancer, but I heard, like C, that he was in the MiniMall again doing repairs and watch stuff. He custom-made my wedding set and was even at my wedding - how's that for service. You know he and Mom dated for quite awhile, right? He also made my family ring which I now want reset in white gold and I have no one to do it. *sigh* Paul offered to get me one from Wal*Mart, but all of my jewelry (the good stuff anyway) is custom from Gordon and I guess I'm kinda spoiled. Of course, I'll either get one from wal*Mart or stick with the yellow gold one, huh?

Sorry about the conflict with the mother. Tater all the time says I'm too much like Mom, but the claws come out for me when she says I act like Dad, so I usually don't get angry when she compares me to Mom! :) Hang in there, darling. She loves you, I'm sure of it.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am a musician who has been heavily influenced by Keith Green. I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download.

I don't mean to be a pest, so if this message is an annoyance, please delete it and accept my humblest of apologies. I just want to share my music with people who love Jesus.

Thanks,
-Sean
______________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free."

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home