Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I'm Back

Did you know I was gone? Shael and I took a mini vacation to Branson for her birthday. Really, all we did was go up after I got off work Monday night and spent the night in a condo Mom got for us, got up yesterday morning and went to Steal Your Dollar City. She wanted to go to SDC for her birthday and since we had our new handy dandy season passes, I was happy to oblige.

But guess what, it wasn't as simple as getting there and coming back the next day. My car broke down. Yay! My favorite thing to happen while I'm a couple hours away from home, alone with Shael. It was able to limp in to the SDC parking lot and Shael and I still got to go to the park all day, but when it was time to go, the car wouldn't go. I tried a couple things, got it to go, and we got about three miles down the road and it quit permanently. I'd turned on Hwy 265, thinking it was Hwy 465, but thank goodness I did, because we ended up coasting in to SDC's The Wilderness, which is the "City's" log cabin and RV park. It had a grocery store, clean bathrooms, a rec room, all kinds of things to keep us occupied while my Dad and Mike drove all the way to Branson to rescue us. It was the transmission. It went completely out. Glory days, it's going to cost over $400 to replace. So, I'll be driving the Suburban for a while. Shael and I sat there for about an hour and a half when Mike called asking if we were okay and when I told him yes he said good because they were just then in Joplin. What!? It took them 90 minutes to get to Joplin. But, we were fine. Shael was a good girl. Didn't complain at all.
Man, I've got to go, I'm going to be late for work if I don't. I'll spell check later and tell "The Rest Of The Story" when I get home tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Hooooeee, if that doesn't rival a Hoover Family Vacation I don't know what does! Glad you were okay. I know if my kids were stranded at a place with a rec room and a TV they'd consider it the best vacation we ever had!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home