Tuesday, December 12, 2006

How Cool Is That?

Yesterday, after taking Shael to school, I drove to Grove to pass out a few Christmas cards to my friends at Jack & Jill's. I stayed and visited for a while then decided my presence was in the way (that was a good feeling, I didn't have to stay, I wasn't obliged to stop those babies from crying!) so I left. On my way home, almost home, in fact, I popped up over this hill and there, sitting at the tip top of a dead tree to my right, was a bald eagle. The biggest I have ever seen. It was huge! I drove on a few more yards in case another car popped over the hill, and stopped. I rolled down my car's window and snapped a couple pictures with a disposable camera I had with me (the same one with the garage photos on it) that I'm sure won't turn out. It just sat there in that tree, watching me. Talk about majestic looking. I really wished I would have had a better camera with me, one that I could zoom a little. That would have been the perfect picture if I'd had zoom. Optical zoom, not just digital. I couldn't believe how big that thing was. It couldn't be the same one I saw fly over me a couple months ago, this one was way bigger. I wish it would have taken flight while I was watching it so I could have seen how wide it's wing span was. You see them on TV or in pictures and they look big, but when you see one in real life, you realize how big they really are. Massive. It was the most beautiful sight to see. I called Mike up right away and said "Guess what I just saw! It was so cool!" I'm so glad I went to J&J's before coming home or I would have missed seeing it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you just said, How cool is that?!
Glad you got to see it. What timing. By the way, I love you Christmas cards.
N

1:38 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Glad you liked the cards. Valerie said that after I left Jack & Jill's yesterday, she went around and told everyone I'd left a card with that she wanted to see theirs. So far, I've only made two alike, and they weren't actaully identicle. I've made around 50. Geez, way to cut back this year, Stacie. lol

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home