Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Insert Clever Title Here

I did some more Christmas shopping today. Yay me! *does her best London Tipton fast-clap* At none other than the Evil Empire. I went in a different direction than I've ever gone with my oldest niece, I hope she likes it. And, if she doesn't like it, she can always take it back for some school supplies or a six month supply of tampons or something. I got two of my nieces completely taken care of. I still need to get something for the three nephews. I think maybe for my oldest nephew, I should go to the thrift store and find him some "retro" polyester britches and a plaid shirt to match. What do you think? Good idea? Eh, mebbe not.
Today, I went to read one of the seven books I picked up in Dallas, and lo and behold, I've read it before. It seemed familiar in the first few pages, but when I got to the end of the prologue, I knew I'd read it. Shoot, I paid five bucks for that book and it was a good deal on a hard back Larry McMurtry book. Too bad I've already read it. Too bad I don't know anybody that appreciates getting books for Christmas. Besides myself, that is.
I went to lunch with my friend, Valerie, today. We ate at a Mexican joint in Grove and when we finished eating, we sat and visited until the place literally cleared out. The wait staff was rolling silverware and the kitchen staff was eating lunch. And we were sitting there talking still. It had been since October that we'd had a chance to catch up. We've had quick phone calls here and there and a couple emails and I've dropped by to see her for a few minutes at her work, but she's always busy and I don't hang around long. We sat in that restaurant for 2-1/2 hours. It felt pretty good to talk and laugh.
Mike had to go to his every other year safety course today. He calls it his time to "go blow a dummy". CPR, he means. I could SO make a joke out of that, but, I'll refrain. He had to be in Webb City by 7:00 this morning and that meant leaving the house by 6:00. He'd be a few minutes early, but not much. I, for some reason, went to bed way early last night. I'm talking 8:00, here. I was reading and the next thing I knew I was asleep. I woke up at 9:19 and sent Shael off to bed, she thought she was getting away with something, all hid out in her room and all. I put my book away and went back to sleep until Mike came to bed around 10:00 and we talked a few minutes, then I was right back out like a light. So, I got plenty of sleep, I should have been awake and raring to go by 5:00 or 5:30. Nope, not this morning. I woke to Mike saying "Oh, shit !" and I looked over at the clock to find it was 6:10. Big oops. He jumped out of bed and hit the floor running. He peed, put on deo, brushed his teeth, got dressed and was out the door in about five minutes. I sent him on his way with a hurried "Be careful!" and he was gone. He called me while I was sitting with Valerie and told me that, hey, guess what? That CPR class, it didn't start until 8:00. LOL. He got there at 7:06 and had to sit around and wait for it to start at 8:00. That was good for a laugh. But, he blew the dummy and is now certified for another two years. heh heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home