Friday, February 09, 2007

Can Life Be Boring?

I realize that my blog, as of late, has become rather boring. I can't seem to get the funny blog worthy events to make it to my blog. I'm becoming rather spoiled rotten to the quick Internet available to me at school, work, and the library and trying to use my computer at home just irritates me. I don't want to blog from work or from school, and at the library, I'm usually in a hurry. But, today, I've finished my homework, I have the entire weekend to do whatever I want (and if that involves studying and/or reading, that's okay, too, right?). I'm currently at the library. Not as quick as the school's or even work's high speed stuff, but still better than what I have at home.
*
Last night was parent/teacher conference. Naturally, all the parents were late coming to get their brats and I didn't get off work until 5:30. Before I could leave town, I had to go by Walgreen's and get Shael some more medicine. I was really hoping that I wouldn't get stopped by the psuedophederine police for buying two bottles of children's Motrin within four days of each other. Shael, at 12-1/2, still cannot swallow a pill. She has to take liquid medicine when she takes medicine. The strips or pills that dissolve on your tongue work okay for her, too. But, Motrin didn't have anything with psuedophederine in it in that form. So, children's Motrin, it was. It's not really made for adults or adolescents, so she took 3 tsps instead of 2. Then, she tells my Mom that she takes 4 tsps! Oops. So, my daughter may have been high for a couple days, at least she's better now. But, at 3 and 4 tsps at a time, the bottle went quick and by last night she needed more.
I called Mike and asked him if he would please go to p/t conf for me to which he gave me a flat out No! So, I cried all the way from Grove to Wyandotte, spitting mad because Mike wouldn't do this one thing I asked of him. Lately when he asks me to do something that I don't want to do, I have to closely watch my reaction because if I give the slightest hint that I don't want to do it (even if I actually do it anyway) he goes on and on about how he doesn't want to put me out, he'll do it himself, heaven forbid I do something for him. I mean, he gets rather hateful with it. I'm really pretty sick of it. When he wouldn't do something for me, I really wanted to treat him with the same "respect" (or lack thereof) that he treats me, but I remembered my mouthwash lesson and kept my mouth shut. I, instead, did my usual, cried and wished he'd either pretend he liked me or leave for good. By the time I left the school, after rushing through 6 of the 7 classes Shael has, I had a terrible headache, I was extremely tired after working nearly 10 hours that day, and hungry. I tried my best not to be cranky on my way home with Shael. (BTW, she's doing great in all classes but her two hang up classes, Science and Math) I even mentioned to a friend at the school that I hoped, but wasn't holding my breath, that Mike would have supper cooked by the time I got home. I got home by 7:40 and surprise, surprise, surprise, Mike didn't have supper cooked. In fact, us walking in the front door woke him up from an evening nap on the bed. I went to the bathroom and sat on the pot with my head in my hands, really trying to hold my cool and not blow up. When I finally got up and went to the kitchen to start supper, Mike was in there cooking a frozen pizza for us. Gee whiz, I'm so glad he slaved over that hot oven for me.
He was so nice all evening, though. He hugged me a lot, and touched my leg or hand every time I'd walk by him. Then when we went to bed, he talked to me (even though I was already asleep and he woke me up) and kept his hand on my shoulder until I fell asleep (again). I was so glad that I'd kept my mouth shut and saved myself from another hush, hush fight.
*
I am going to go home and finish up the laundry I didn't get done Wednesday. Cook a roast. That kind of thing. I think I might even bake a loaf of bread, that sounds good.
*
That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home