Thursday, August 27, 2009

I actually didn't stay bored this morning. I had work to do and it felt nice for a change to not just be sitting here waiting for the phone to ring. I've been feeling like the ugly girl on a Saturday night. Staring at the phone willing it to ring.

I've got an appointment tomorrow to get a pedi. I'm sooo excited. I only hope they don't look at my feet and say, "Uh oh, nope, we don't do yucky feet" or "This is a file, not a magic wand" or "no promises, okay?"

I actually got a text from Funny Guy last night. It's been nearly a year since I heard a word out of that guy, then out of the blue, there he is again. I shouldn't say it was too much out of the blue. He and Shael always kept in touch, it was just he and I that kind of had a falling out. We texted for about two hours. We caught up, and that will probably be it for us. Our time is gone forever now. It felt pretty good to be on better terms with someone who was such a crucial part of my life in the not so distant past.

Then I got a call from, I guess I would call him an ex-boyfriend, for lack of a better word. This is evoking feelings I don't even know how to describe. I don't even know what they are, how could I describe them?

I've got on one of my cool magnet bracelets today. It's about 2 feet long and it wraps around my wrist and looks like a wide band that fits tightly when it's on. It keeps pulling hairs. What? What's the deal with my hairiness lately? I think it might be called age.

Each morning when I pull out of the apartment complex, I turn east to go to work. East, the sun coming up. Shining in my face. You ladies know what I'm talking about. Rod Stewart really knew what he was talking about when he sang "The morning light when it's in your face really shows your age". It's this time that I look for any hairs on my chin, how long the hairs in my nose are getting, if I need to wax my lip and/or eyebrows. And lately I've been noticing that the very fine downy peach fuzz covering the rest of my face like all people have, is starting to get a little less downy. A little less peachy. It's starting to look like a pubescent boy's sideburns before he shaves for the first time.

It's almost time for me to go home, so I had better start closing up shop around here. Things are going much better now. Had a talk with Mike. Things are so screwed up they look like they are normal. I think that's a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home