Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Day

Mike got himself a new bike yesterday. It is beautiful. And green.

While I was up on the trailer looking at it, my little 4 year old nephew walks up to say hi to his Uncle Mike. I looked down at him and in mid sentence said "*GASP* NIK! When did you cut your own hair?" As it turned out, his parents hadn't even seen it yet. Later in the evening I got a call from my brother asking what to do about it. Well, two choices here, brother. Either let him go to school like that (Today being the first day, HA!) or shave it all. He wasn't very happy about either option. He was afraid that the teacher was going to think badly about him. Please, every, and I'm talking virtually EVERY child cuts their own hair. Or gets it cut by a sibling.
My brother had fixed his hair into a mohawk. Gelled it up real good where it was stiff as a board. Nik went to his room and decided he didn't want the mohawk anymore and he had some new school scissors, so he cut that mohawk off. My bro said the mohawk was still stiff as a board on Nik's bedroom floor. There's still some hair on each side of it, but right in the center is cut to the scalp.
I thought the funniest part was that I saw it at 6:15 and my brother didn't until 9:00. On the phone I was laughing my butt off and my brother said "I'm kinda irritated, Stace!" and it made me laugh even harder! Nik's mom is out of town, wait until she sees it. I hope I can get a pic of it and post it on here. It's very funny.

Last night's service at church was so good. I felt like it was directed just to me. Thank you God, for taking care of me and loving me when I ignore You. The service was about faith. The faith Abram had in leaving his home to a place where he didn't even know where he was going to. Just to get up and leave the familiar, not knowing where he was going or when he would get there. When God promised him an heir even though he and his wife were "as good as dead", he had faith in that promise. God promised him something and even though it didn't look like it was ever going to happen, it still happened.
God has given me, Stacie, a promise. I must remain in faith, because even though it looks like my situation is "as good as dead" God gave me this promise and I know that He will follow through. My only job is to remain faithful and (yikes) patient.

I stayed up way too late last night watching Night at the Museum. A movie I'd already seen even. But I wanted to finish it. Silly me. So, there I was, sitting up at 11:30 wishing I'd gone to bed at 10:00 instead because I knew that getting up at 6:30 was going to be a booger. I was right. Maybe someday soon I will have my days and nights straightened back out after being on evenings for so long.

You know, I haven't posted song lyrics yet since I've been back at posting. I think I have the perfect song. I hope you enjoy. Have a wonderful day.

Broken
LifeHouse

The broken clock is a comfort,
it helps me sleep tonight
Maybe it can stop tomorrow
from stealing all my time
I am here still waiting
though i still have my doubts
I am damaged at best,
like you've already figured out

I'm falling apart,
I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart
that's still beating

In the pain
there is healing
In your name
I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on,
I'm holdin' on,
I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you

The broken locks were a warning
you got inside my head
I tried my best to be guarded,
I'm an open book instead
I still see your reflection
inside of my eyes
That are looking for a purpose,
they're still looking for life

I'm hangin' on another day
Just to see what you will throw my way
And I'm hanging on to the words you say
You said that I will be ok
The broken lights on the freeway left me here alone
I may have lost my way now,
haven't forgotten my way home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home