Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Happy Hump Day

No dry humping, please.
I am off to get the dog this morning. Hopefully my check won't make it back to the bank before my deposit is made. If it does, oh, well, I guess.
When the direct deposit started I put it where 90% was deposited in my checking account and 10% was deposited into my savings account in Miami. Where I never go during banking hours anymore so maybe it'll have time to add up. With all the taking off early I've been doing lately, I've not had an 80 hour pay period in a while. Between funerals, vet visits and doctor visits for Shael, I have had around 75 hours.
I'm suppose to be at the vet by 8:00 this morning. That'll give me time to take him home and be at work by 9:00. I hope. Then this afternoon Shael goes back to the doctor so I'll have to take off early again. Her appointment isn't until 3:40 so I won't have to take off work until about 2:45. That's 2-1/4 hours early. Hopefully that ear infection is gone and I won't have to take her back again.
Mike had supper waiting on me last night. Grilled burgers. They were about 2 inches thick and then he piled bacon on top of it (because all Wilkinson men think everything tastes better with bacon) then to add to the height, he added lettuce and tomato. That was a huge burger. About half way through mine, I started picking the toppings off because I was getting full. I ate the bacon off first, then the lettuce, peeled the tomato off the bottom of the bun where it was so smashed on that it left grooves in the bread, then finally I ate the bread. By then I was stuffed and I had half a hamburger patty left on my plate. His cooking habits remind me of his foreplay habits. If a light touch feels good then a heavy touch must feel better. If a regular size burger tastes good, then a huge monster burger must taste better. Not necessarily the case in either situation. But the man cooked two nights in a row. Kudos, Mikey! When I asked him what he was going to cook tonight he told me "probably nothing". Here it is Wednesday and I haven't cooked since Friday. Saturday we had a late lunch in Joplin then pie and coffee at the Java & Jazz thing, Sunday, I just didn't cook because no one but me was home. I ate a bowl of cottage cheese and peaches. Monday and Tuesday good ole boy Mikey cooked. Back to the grind, I guess.
I don't even know if I'll get anything cooked tonight since I'll be getting home later than usual because of the doctor appointment being so late in the day. I usually only have a little over an hour to prepare, cook and eat supper on Wednesday nights anyway because I leave for church at 6:30. The good thing about an appointment that late is that they usually rush around to see you and get you out of there so they can leave by 5:00. Sometimes I wonder what the heck they are doing back there. Visiting? Playing poker? How long does it take to fill a prescription anyway? Just like the old Tootsie Pop commercial. The world may never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home