Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Final Frontier

Rosco goes in for his final vet visit this morning. He is going to get his stiches out and a general once over to make sure it healed up nice and there's no infection. I don't know if any of you remember my parents' dog, Sox, or the way she would do this little back and forth step on her two front feet when she got excited to see you, but Rosco now does the same exact thing. It must be the tripod way of keeping balanced while wagging a tail. Rosco's tail, like his leg, is just a stump, so he has to wiggle his butt to wag his tail. He wags that little stump as hard as he can.

******************

I've got this enormous bruise on my right calf that I have no idea how it got there. The weird thing is the bruise is only barely visible but it feels like it's 4 inches wide. I don't bruise as easy as some. Like my Mother, who can lean up against a counter and step away with a monster bruise. But not like Mike either, who could walk away from getting hit by a 90 m.p.h. baseball with only a small red spot that would be gone the next day. When I see a bruise on Mike, I'm usually saying "MY GOSH! WHAT HAPPENED?" because I know something traumatic must've gone on.
****************
Once again, I've managed to say something where there was nothing to say. In response to my friend's comment about it being a big deal for us to be let loose in the mall when we were kids. You ain't a kiddin'. It was a big deal. Something I would never let Shael do now. I don't even like her going to the bathroom without me at the mall. The last time we were there together I let her go to Dairy Queen alone while I sat at the food court with my own food. At first my back was to her until I thought "What the heck am I thinking?" and changed seats so I could face her direction and keep an eagle eye on her while she was waiting in line. The line was so long that I was finished eating by the time she got back to the table with her food. Mrs. Reid had me pegged when she said I hover. But, she is only 11 and the mall can be a dangerous place. Even I don't feel safe there sometimes. The mall in Tulsa? I won't even go there alone. No. Way. I won't even go there after dark with someone else. Those people who drop their kids off at the mall have got to be crazy. Can you say "Amber Alert"?
Speaking of, there was one yesterday. An Amber Alert, that is. For the Independence, Kansas area. I sure hope she was found. She was 17 and they said she was considered in very grave danger. How scary. I felt so helpless sitting in my safe little room with three little babies, while somewhere out there a 17 girl was probably scared out of her mind. Lord, help her.
*************
I'd better hurry and get around early again today. That trip to the vet is going to cost me laundry and dish time. Boy, I'm so upset about that, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home