Friday, April 07, 2006

me me me

I have been completely self absorbed this week. I've not even checked another blog all week long. I've posted on mine every day, I have checked my email for any comments. I forgot to buy dress shoes for my daughter. Where has my head been? Up my own butt, apparently.

Here's a good way to pat myself on the back. Nice things I have done for others this week. My newest list.
1. Held the door open for an old lady at church.
2. Told a young lady at church (mother of a 7 year old, a set of 5 year old twins and a 4 year old. All girls) how pretty she looked.
3. Told my friend how great her boobs were. (lol)
4. Mailed a card to an old lady who is house bound.
5. Gave my brother a birthday card with a check inside. (Hey, even though it was post dated, it's the thought that counts, right?)
6. Restored my daughter's bruised psyche after a mean old teacher got on to her.
Well, there ya go. Go me.
****************
As you might have deduced from #5 on my ego trip list, today is my brother's birthday. Happy 37th, Brub.
**************
We had a little bit of excitement today at work. Don't give us too much excitement there, we might all go into shock if you do. I won't go into many details, since it's kind of a confidential thing, but I can give the basics and you can catch my drift. One of my babies has this set of parents who are young and, well...They're young. And unmarried. They break up (she told me so blase, like it was nothing to break up with your baby's daddy) and he went all cuh-razy on her then tried to steal the baby. Hello protective order. Good-bye life as they knew it. Well, she didn't bring the baby in for several days in a row and we knew something was up. Yesterday she called and told us all about it, and today she brought the baby back and gave us our own original protective order for our files. No one but her and her baby's grandpa were to pick the baby up. No problem. You have to be buzzed in, so he wasn't going to be getting in if he stopped by. Then the director and the older kids take off on a field trip for the morning. Ten minutes before they get back, the phone rings. "Day Care. This is Stacie" "Hi, Stacie! Can I talk to George?" (NOT baby's real name) Dead silence on both ends of the line. Then he asked me if the mom had brought the baby back yet and I told him no. I didn't know what else to say. I'm a terrible liar so I'm not sure if he even believed me. Then he told me to have the mom call him at home the next time I saw her. That was it. When the director got back I told him immediately that the dad had called wanting to talk to the baby and he said "WHAT? He called HERE?" He went straight in and called the cops because on the protective order it states that the dad is to make no contact whatsoever with the baby. Great. Then I had to go in to the office and answer questions to the cops over the phone. But as soon as they found out that it was an Indian baby, they pulled their hands back real quick and told us that it was a Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) jurisdiction. So, my director calls the Bureau and they say it's a Delaware County jurisdiction since the protective order was issued in Delaware County and the call was made from Delaware County. Basically, they just said to let the mother know the dad tried to make contact with the baby, tell her to document it and to tell her attorney about it. That was it. My director was already gone for the day when the mother got there and I had to tell her. The look on her face made my heart go out to her. Sheer anger with a touch of fear. Fear that he could take her baby away and she'd never see it again. Yep, I know that fear. I've seen it in the eyes of my brother before when his little girl was a baby.
************
That was my day. How was yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home