Tuesday, April 11, 2006

This Tribe Needs An Enema!

Well, maybe just the chief. Because he is full of you know what. The chicken variety. I came home from the BC meeting so mad I had to literally pray all the way home. My gosh! Grrrr...

**************

Shael was sitting here watching Back To The Future when I got home tonight. She's really into it. It's the first time she's ever seen it. Amazing. The part where Doc is trying to hook up the line to the car and the wind blows a branch over the line she goes "Oh no! All kinds of things keep happening!" This shows me that this movie is timeless, no pun intended. It's over 20 years old and still has first time watchers sitting on the edge of their seats wondering what's going to happen next. How many of you remember the first time you saw it? I saw it at the mall, over by Monkey Ward, while my Mom had her Mary Kay booth set up and she gave me and my best friend (the ever elusive "N" ha ha) money and free reign to do whatever. We went to the movies! Back to the Future or Footloose? Well, she'd already seen Footloose, so we chose BTTF. Talk about memories. I really don't remember who I went to see Footloose with.

I'm even letting Shael stay up 30 minutes after her bedtime to watch the ending. Since it's on ABC Family, it's taking forever, what with 3 minutes of commercials every 5 minutes of movie. Isn't that irritating?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So weird. I've always said you were my memory. I have no memory of it at all. Not the Mary Kay booth. Not being on our own at the mall. That was a big deal! I can't believe I don't remember.
N

7:35 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I saw Footloose and BTTF with DeLisa. I saw pretty much every movie with DeLisa. Except I saw Rattle and Hum with all of y'all - remember that one? Omg, we were dorks. I had to have been 16 or 17....and we acted like that? Yeesh.

Paul was watching Ferris Bueller the other day and I nearly peed my pants in anticipation of the line "Ferris Bueller, you're my hero." I just realized that it, too, is 20 years old...wow.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home