Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Am I High?

I've never smoked pot or crack or done any other kind of drugs, so I don't know if what I'm feeling is what I think I'm feeling. My back went out on me again yesterday. This time, I'm armed with insurance so I took off work and went to a chiropractor. He basically twisted me and shoved me around and almost made me cry. He took some x-rays and told me to come back in two days and he'd better know how to help me by then because he'd have the x-rays back.
When I first got there they put me on this narrow table and then she turned it on and it felt like a basketball was being rolled up and down my spine. I thought I'd cry then, too, but I finally got use to it. When that went off, they told me to lay on my stomach on a different table and he put this 10 lb hot blanket thingie on my back. I was starting to sweat, my armpits were getting all itchy and I had sweat running down my back when the doc came back in. He took the blanket off and ran a vibrating thing down my spine about 5 or 6 times. He then rubbed around the edges of my spine for about 10 seconds then proceeded to twist and shove on me. I felt I had somehow made a mistake and walked into Helga's House of Pain instead of a chiropractor's office. He kept saying "Wow, you are stiff," and "Man, you are so ridged I'm having a hard time, here," and "Gosh, I don't think I've ever felt anybody so stiff before. It's going to take quite a bit to get you aligned. You just aren't pliable at all". That's not something you want to hear as you are being bent like a pretzel. I'd never been to a chiropractor before, so this was all new to me. When he got done twisting me, he had me get up and sit in a chair and he twisted my head and it sounded like an amateur 21 gun salute. Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack! He rubbed my shoulders a bit then did it the other way. I thought for sure since it cracked so much one direction that it SURELY wouldn't crack so much the other direction. I was wrong and don't call me Shirley. Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack! The whole time he was doing this to my neck he was telling me what the lady at the desk had already told me. That my insurance was paying for it all and I wouldn't have to pay a cent. "How does that sound?" he asked me. "A whole lot better than my neck just did, GOOD GOLLY!" I think he was telling me this just to get my mind off the fact that it sounded (and looked) like he was trying break my neck. I've seen that stunt done on movies and the people always fall over dead immediately.
But, I lived to tell about it. I have to go back tomorrow, as I already mentioned. Hopefully, he can do something for me. Right now, I'm taking pain meds that I had left over from the last time this happened. I couldn't find my Tylenol-3 (with codeine) last night so Mike gave me a hydrocodone. Well that completely knocked me for a loop. I slept pretty good all night. Not before I was sitting on the bed telling Mike I felt weird. He asked me what kind of weird and all I could compare it to was drunk. But not quite the same. Since I've only been drunk once in my life, and it was accompanied with the feeling you get 5 minutes before you puke. (Maybe if I hadn't drank the whole bottle of Wild Turkey with honey by myself I wouldn't have gotten so sick, but man it tasted so good!) I got up to go pee and while I was in there Mike had turned all the lights off to go to bed. Walking in the dark was a little tricky, but I think I was doing okay until Mike started turning this flashlight on and off like a strobe light. Then I started stumbling around trying to make it to the bed before I fell down and hurt myself some other way. Oh, the laugh Mike got out of that. He finally turned the flashlight off for good and said, while he was still laughing, "Get in bed, you drunk, before I have to pick you up off the floor and pour you into bed myself". I finally made it to bed and I was out as soon as I got comfortable.
I went to work this morning, but couldn't make it through the morning, even. I only had one baby, and she's on the verge of stepping up into the toddlers, so I sent her on to the toddler class and came home. I was there an hour and 38 minutes. So, I came home and changed into my house dress and climbed into bed. And hour later I got up and fixed myself some tea and lunch and noticed while I was waiting on my tea to steep that I couldn't even stand without swaying. I sat down and got on the computer and I can't even seem to stop swaying while I'm sitting down. So, I'm getting off here now. Because I think I am high. High on meds that were prescribed to me. Legal meds. I don't like this feeling, so there's no fear of me becoming an addict. My back is feeling much better right now, that's the only good thing about feeling this way. It's 1:30 in the afternoon....Good Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home