Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho

Monday night when we got to the condo, we dropped our bags and did nothing but chill for the rest of the evening. Shael wanted to watch "SuperNanny", a show that I'd prefer not to ever watch again. After a few minutes of that, Shael says to the TV "Just spank 'em already and get it over with!". When SuperNanny was over I turned it over to [adult swing] on Cartoon Network. Yeah, I know it's not a good idea to let your child watch these shows, but Shael was enthralled with Pee Wee Herman. Now me, I'm no fan of Pee Wee, never have been, probably never will. This was my 12 year old daughter's first introduction to The Playhouse. When it was over, Shael looked over at me and said "That was cool, I like that show!" How can this be? How can she have come out of my body? She doesn't like chocolate and she does like Pee Wee Herman. That's just not right.
After Pee Wee, I watched one of my guilty pleasures, Family Guy. I think that show is a riot. They aren't prejudice, they go after everybody equally.
*******************
So, the next morning, when we got in the car, it wouldn't go. I've already gone over all that. We finally got to SDC and spent the best day together. We got to do just about everything we wanted to do. The crowds were bearable, it wasn't too hot, and it didn't storm on us. I thought it was going to, but we only got sprinkled on a few times. It was a perfect day, if you minus the car trouble. We got to make our own tie dye T-shirts, Shael got to stuff her own stuffed animal (a green frog) and we even got to browse through several shops.
**********************
Thank goodness Mike had picked up a loaner phone for me Monday evening before we left. I don't know what I would have done without that phone. Mike and I kept calling back and forth there for a while. He was even mild tempered about the whole deal, too. It was because my Dad was with him, if Mike had been alone, he probably would have been a grouch and bitched and moaned about having to drive all the way to Branson to pick us up. They took their sweet time to come rescue us. They stopped and ate and all that jazz. A mere five hours after calling Mike to have him come get us and the car, he and Daddy pulled off with me and Shael in the back seat and the car on the trailer behind us. When I think about the fact that we sat there for FIVE HOURS, it amazes me that it went so fast. We played rock, paper, scissors for at least an hour.
***********************
We got our new phones today. It's good to have a working phone that's mine again. Okay, I just spent the last 15 minutes sitting here playing with my phone. Setting some voice commands and some speed dials. Now I have to charge up my old phone so I can get all my numbers out of it. But hey, you know what? My phone charger for my old phone is in my car. Which is up at the garage. Locked in. So is my purse. But, I at least have my change purse that has my drivers license and money. I'm hoping Mikey will be willing to stop up there and grab them for me.
***********************
Speaking of Mikey, he went to bed as soon as he got home tonight because he has to be at work in Miami by 2:00 a.m. The great thing about doing work for Wal-Mart is having to do it when the department you are working in is closed. The deli is what he's working on so the middle of the night it is. He's going to work his eight hours and come home. How weird for him to be getting off work at 10:00 in the morning.
********************
Dang, I'm getting pretty tired. Think I'll go to bed. First I'll get Mike's clothes and stuff all laid out before I crawl in bed so he doesn't wake me up looking for a pair of jeans at 1:00. That's only in three hours. Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home