Monday, February 12, 2007

Oh What A Day

It's rainy outside, warm still, but rainy. And I have a funeral to go to at 1:00. I mentioned this morning when I went outside to start Mike's truck for him that it was raining, not very cold, but raining. What crappy weather for a funeral, but Mike told me that it was perfect weather for a funeral. Yeah. Whatever.
*
I'm beginning to think that those smarty pants boys in my Psych class aren't really as smarty pants as I at first gave them credit for. They seem to be sliding downhill rather quickly. For one, they don't listen very well. We had packets due back today and also an online quiz due today and when I walked into class about 5 minutes early, there they all were, trying to work on their packets. When they were told to hand them in, they immediately started saying "It's due today?" and the quiz was the same way. Can we take the quiz after class? She was lenient, more so that I would have been, and told them they had until 11:00 this morning to have them in. I felt like such a nerd, I had my packet completely finished, and my quiz was turned in Friday by 10:00 in the morning. That packet was what I did Friday after class before going home. But, last night, I noticed that oops! I'd skipped the very first question. How did I do that? I just started with number 2 for some weird reason. And naturally, it was a question that had to be looked up on the Internet because it wasn't in the book at all. That was another thing, when the smarty pants boys said they couldn't find it in the book so they didn't answer it, Dr. Deichman said that we could look on the Internet and they all said "aaah, we can?" Duh! She said that when she passed them out last week. (I guess that people who pay for their college out of their own pockets pay quite a bit more attention. These kids aren't paying for a thing, I'm sure) As it turned out, I was the only one in the class who had gone on line and looked up "Fantasy Prone Personality". Some of this stuff I'm learning kind of scares me. What if I'm fantasy prone? Does that make me psychotic? Mike is very sleep deprived, will he become psychotic, also? Will we both turn into crazy white trash, one of us swearing we've been abducted by aliens, the other one of us becoming a serial killer?
So, now, here I am at the library reprinting what I came in early and printed this morning before class. I printed out this one page defining that fantasy prone personality thingie, and I "loaned" it to a girl sitting two people down from me because she was frantically trying to finish up her packet before the instructor came in. She never gave it back. In fact, I saw her tuck it into her book like she'd done the research herself. Well! I wanted that paper, I wouldn't have taken the time and spent the dime to print it out if I didn't. The ladies at the library will probably remember it when they print out another one. LOL.
*
I'm also here at the library doing some research, or trying to, for my research paper on teen sexuality. It's not due until April 20th, but I've been doing some preliminary research on line and at the library. None of the books I wanted to check out were at this library, I had to request them from the other libraries in this state that had them. I've got books coming in from all over Oklahoma about teen sex and teen pregnancy. I'm really hoping to get this paper done in the next month or so, that way I can turn it in early and not have to worry about it on April 19th. This APA style is going to be a mother to write. Thank the God I have someone who can help me. Someone who is very good at writing these kinds of papers. I want to do as much of it on my own as I possibly can. Only go to him for help if I get stumped and I absolutely have to have some help. The encouraging thing is, Dr. Deichman went to this same man for help with APA style research papers last semester. I've got a pro on my side.
*
Shael is finally doing better health wise. She still has this lingering cough that sounds as if she's hacking up a lung. The cough doesn't come very often, but when she breathes cold air or is running around it starts up. Some times when she goes to bed at night it tries to crop up. But the worst thing she has lingering is this slurpy snot sniffing sound she makes. It makes me want to puke. I tell her to quit sniffing and she tells me she can't help it. I ask her why and she says her nose runs. I tell her to blow it she says nothing comes out. So let it run if nothing comes out! But she says it runs out. Okay, berate me if I'm wrong here, but I would rather her let it run out if she can't blow it out than to hear that nasty God awful slurping sound she makes when she sniffs. It's completely disgusting. It makes me want to grab the shop vac and suck that crap out of her sinuses once and for all. Gross.
*
Mike has been in quite a bit of pain lately. His back started aching about a month ago, but it was mild enough to be able to ignore it for the most part. Suddenly it got worse and he started taking pain relievers, muscle relaxers and nerve pain pills. It was enough to get him through the days and somehow get a few hours sleep at night, albeit not very restful sleep. It was the wood cutting and wood splitting that was the last straw. The straw that broke Mike's back, if you would. I have bee doing all of the fire upkeep and I'm really getting tired of it. We have a limited amount of dry wood, the rest is somewhat green and doesn't burn easily. The tree was dead when they cut it up, but inside is still green, how does that happen? The only way it burns is if we have another piece of dry wood in there with it. And the green wood smells terrible! Like dog crap. Shael accused Mike of stepping in a pile and wiping it off as mud on my welcome mat inside the back door. So, he took it outside and let the dog sleep on it, and now it's been rained on. And it was the wood all along. Red oak. It smelled good when he first split it up, but now, hoo-ey! Once it's in the stove and burning, you can't smell it, but don't even think about bringing a piece inside to sit until the fire needs it. It smells up the living room. Like fresh out of the dog crap. Isn't that a lovely thought?
*
I'd better get this finished. I only have 24 minutes of on line time left here at the library. There's still some more "errands" I have to accomplish before I get off here, too. Like pay the phone bill, check my balance in my checking account, that sort of thing. And don't forget checking my email, oh, I have to do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home