Saturday, March 10, 2007

Sunny Weekend! Yay!

Shael had a friend over again last night. This time is was Jessie. I found out that they stayed up until 3:20 this morning. No wonder they weren't in a hurry to wake up this morning when I was rattling around the kitchen at 7:20. I was going to work on the living room carpet again this morning until I found them both sacked out in there instead of in Shael's bedroom. Fooey.
*
I borrowed my Mom's Rainbow vacuum cleaner yesterday to clean my carpet. Oh. My. Gosh. My living room was so bad. I knew it was, but it still doesn't make it any less shocking. I wasn't even half way with the living room only when the thing quit because the water needed changed already. That wood stove really does a number on the carpet. Smoking up the house sometimes, using the shop vac to clean up the wood chips that make the awfullest mess. That shop vac blows out almost as much dust as it sucks up. I've gone over the living room only THREE times already and each time the water looks just as bad when I dump it out. Like mud with about a half inch of nasty water on the top. Yuck, and we were living with that, laying around on the floor. Breathing that. No wonder Mike's allergies are bothering him so much. And that's just the living room. I haven't even started on the hallway or the bedroom yet. That will have to be next weeks project.
*
Today, after I take Shael's friend home then take Shael over to Mike's Mom's, Mike and I are going to go for a bike ride. He asked me where I wanted to go and I said Eureka Springs, AR. That'll be a blast if we really end up going there. I'm not sure if we will, but anywhere will be fine with me.
*
Mike and I finally got into it Wednesday night when I got home from church. I feel like we finally got something resolved this time, too. He did bring up the concert, I knew he couldn't resist, but I wisely kept my mouth shut because I really didn't want to open up a whole new can of worms. The concert was a jab at me that he wanted to start, but I didn't go there. He was baiting me, but I didn't bite. Instead, I guided it another direction and we actually made up before going to bed that night. And not just made up, either. We learned a few things about each other that I think will make our life easier.
I was telling a friend of mine that I learned that it makes Mike feel better when I tell him he looks good or smells good than when I hug or kiss him. He feels more loved by me when I do his laundry than when I touch him. I didn't know that and all this time I've been trying to show my love by hugging and kissing and touching. He feels more loved when I tell him I'm proud of him than when I sit next to him.
He found out that I'm opposite of that. I need those hugs and kisses and touches. I love it when he comes and sits next to me. But, now I'll know that when he does the occasional load of laundry that he genuinely loves me and is expressing it by helping me do something that he appreciates me doing for him.
Sound strange? Read this to know what I'm talking about. Or even this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

As I was reading the last paragraph I was like "You learned each other's love languages!" then saw that you already knew that...lol.

I have the book about finding your kids' love languages. I need to read it again because the last time I read it, we didn't even have a Kady! Of course, I'll have to try and fit it in somewhere between Psych and Nathaniel Hawthorne....it may take awhile...

Glad the concert was good! Brian, that writes An Audience of 1 went too and said it was amazing. There's just something about a good concert.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home