Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Today Is A Fog. Literally

I got home at 3:00 a.m. The alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. Happy, happy, joy, joy. I didn't get up, needless to say. I did, however, get up around 6:30. I got Shael up and around, took her to school, came home and was back in bed by 9:00. I slept hard until 12:30 when I started waking up and feeling groggy. At 12:40 Mike comes home and says that he's going to go on a bike ride. Without me. I asked to go and he told me no. Then he gave this reason that it was because he was going with Jim and he didn't know where they might end up going and he didn't know if he could get me to school on time. Bull hockey. He just didn't want me to go and I was mad. Mad, I say! MAD! How many times in the last two weeks have I asked him to take off work a couple hours early so we could take a little bike ride before he had to go work on the garage? Many, many times. He wouldn't do it. The day he finally does do it, he takes Jim instead of me. I was so mad, I honestly wanted to beat the crap out of him. Just tie him up somewhere and get me a Louisville Slugger and make him pay, dang it. I've simmered somewhat, but, still irked at him. I'm not happy with him at all. My personal opinion is, he's mad at me and paying me back for going to the concert last night when he didn't get to go. Big baby. I'm sure he would totally deny it if I mentioned my theory, but it makes sense to me. The real shitty part was, when I got to class tonight, there was a tiny note on the door that said "Class canceled". Thanks for the heads up. I drove all the way in to Grove, I'm at least going to use the computer for a bit. I also found out that my class tomorrow is canceled, too. At least I found out before I came into town.
*
Okay, on to better brighter subjects. The concert. It was amazing. Eric Clapton may be close to my Dad's age, and I canNOT see my Dad being an old rocker like that, but the dude has got the moves. He still plays so effortless looking. I saw on a web site that The Ford Center is known for having really bad sound quality, but it sounded great last night. I was impressed. It wasn't so loud that you couldn't understand it, it was perfect. Robert Cray opened, but we didn't get to hear much of him, even though I would have liked to. Instead we were out standing in line to buy T-shirts. T-shirts that we EXPENSIVE! Holy Cow! But, I got one.
For a complete set list, you can click here for the linky dinky.
*
My sis and I had a great time. We parked, actually, we got a great parking spot right close to the Ford Center, then we went walking around Brick Town. We ended up eating at the Spaghetti Warehouse. Instead of waiting for a table, we ate in the bar and just had appetizers. That way we didn't have to wait so long, because we really didn't have the time to wait around. I was a little disappointed in my food, it was all deep fried, every morsel. But, it was okay, I didn't end up eating it all, just kind of nibbled around. I was really too excited to eat much, anyway.
When we finally got in the arena, and in our correct seats (we actually sat in the wrong section for the last 10 minutes or so of the opening act) we didn't have to wait long for the action to start. About 30 seconds into the first song, Tell The Truth, we both smelled pot at the same time. We could smell it intermittently through the whole concert. I was wondering how high a person can get, if at all, from second hand pot smoke. She had two beers and second hand pot smoke, whoa. Can that be good?
*
But, anyway, it was awesome. The whole experience. I'm so glad I got the chance to do that. I grabbed a Frappacino on the way out of the city hoping that it would help me stay alert on the way home. I don't know if that's what did it, but I made it home without getting too sleepy. But, today has been weird. You know how you feel when you lose a day by sleeping.
*
When I went to pick Shael up from school, the entire yard was smokey. Then I looked around and noticed it wasn't just my yard, but every body's yard. Everywhere was smoke. The fields, the woods. It made the sunlight look weak and strange. I drove a few miles expecting it to lift and it never did. All the way into Wyandotte, that's about 14 miles, it was smokey. Shael said even downtown Wyandotte was smokey. I only went to the beauty shop to pick her up off the bus. It was downright eerie. Like something out of Stephen King's The Mist. Ooooo, creeeepy. I never saw a flame or heard a fire truck. But the smoke covered miles and miles of real estate.
*
Well, I think I'll go home. I left Shael there at the house by herself. I know she can take care of herself, but she was on the Internet when I left and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that idea. Mike is probably off somewhere at some sleazy bar and won't be home for several more hours, so, since my class was canceled, I'd better go home and be the good parent.
Ta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home