Wednesday, February 28, 2007

& That's The Rest Of The Story

I never made it to lunch with my hubby. Instead I grabbed a salad to go at Arby's and came one home. I did call him and told him I was grilling steaks tonight so he would be home early enough. He's starting the electrical work on the garage tonight now that the entire roof is finally back on. (I still haven't posted those pictures, maybe someday.) When I said the words "grilling steaks" he said "I'll be home whatever time you tell me". Hum, and all this time I thought the quickest way to a man's heart was a sharp knife. Oh, hey, it's food that's the easiest way.
*
There's this kid in my psych class that is rather cute, I noticed today. If I were 20 years younger, I would have some major crush action going. But, I'm not, so I don't. I don't want to be one of those older ladies with the hots for a whippersnapper. Like that teacher who had an affair with a student. How does that happen, for God's sake? I won't say what this kid's name is, just on the freak chance that someone from class or someone who knows him should read this someday. Just know that there's a little hottie in my class. There's more than one, actually, but this one is funny, too, so it makes him even more appealing. And if there is someone from class reading this, hey, guys, you're all hot, okay? Zat better?
*
When I got home today, I started working on a birthday card for my oldest niece. She's turning 18 (gasp!) years old on St. Patrick's Day. Remember back when I was outside searching for four leaf clovers? Well, I had a use in mind for them when I was sitting out there in the grass. I pressed some and today I dug them out of my dusty old books and used two of them for her card. I spent quite a bit of time and effort on this card, even though I know she'll open it up searching for the goodies inside and once said goodies are taken, the card will get thrown in the trash. That's okay. Really, it is. I don't expect everyone who receives a card from me to keep it and cherish it for the rest of their days. Not everyone is as sentimental as I am. Me, who saves every card that I ever get. Except Christmas cards. Birthday cards, just because cards (as if I get those anymore) Valentine's Day cards (ditto on those, as if!), I have a stash of old ones that I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. I have, in the recent past, thrown some away that looked as if the giver didn't even read the card before giving it to me. Just saw that it was a birthday card, grabbed it, signed it hastily and slapped it in an envelope. Those I throw away. But, if they have a little note written on the inside, yep, I'll keep it.
But, back to my niece's card. It really turned out cool. It would have turned out much cooler had I a printer so I could print the verse on the outside with my computer instead of writing it with my hand. Even though I used my best handwriting, it still adds a little tackiness, where I wanted polish. But, that's okay, too, because it's just going to end up in the trash, right? Also, it wouldn't be a card from Stacie if it didn't have something tacky on it.
It never fails, every card I make, it's looking real good and BAM! I do something to mess it up and it ends up being tacky. My trademark, I suppose. If I had more money, I'd buy some really cool "tools" to make the things I long to make. Some day. Some day.
*
My goodness, how time has flown. It's almost the time I told Mike that the steaks would be done and I haven't even thrown them on the grill yet. The potatoes have been out there cooking for a while now, so hopefully they'll be done and not crunchy. Nothing worse than a crunchy baked potato. We like our steaks rare around here, so really, it doesn't take long to make them.
Bon Apetite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home