Monday, March 05, 2007

Just Another Monday

It's not really manic, just a Monday. I got Shael to school earlier than I normally do, so it had me turning up at my school 20 minutes early this morning. So, here I am in the computer lab waiting for my class to start.
*
I had a pretty decent weekend. Friday afternoon I went to pick Shael up early from school and took her to the church to meet the gang for their annual "Acquire The Fire" trip. She was so excited she had a hard time falling asleep the entire week. But, it finally got here and was over in no time. She had a great time, except she didn't care much for the concerts. My daughter, sometimes I really don't know where she comes from, she's not much of a head banger. Well, actually, she's not any kind of a head banger. And there were some head banger bands there, bands that I would have liked to have seen. She said they gave her a head ache. Both her parents are head bangers. She must get that gene from my Mom.
*
Thinking of concerts, I get to go see Eric Clapton tonight in OKC. I'm so excited. My sister called me yesterday and told me she'd come across some tickets and wanted to know if I was interested in going with her. I don't know how many people she asked before me, and frankly, I don't care. I'm going to see Eric Clapton! How cool is that? I was thinking about it this morning, wondering what the average age of the audience is going to be tonight. It's going to be a late night tonight. Hope I don't have to work tomorrow. lol. We'll see.
*
Saturday afternoon, Mikey was working on my Dad's garage (again) and since Shael was gone, I went off to go shopping by myself in Joplin. I had such a nice time. I tried on hundreds of pairs (it seemed like) of capris until I found the right ones. It turns out, I no longer need to shop in the Women's section. YAY! No more 18W (18 Wide, is what we all call it). I actually tried on a pair of 16W and they, too, were too big. So, the sales lady hooked me up with some 16's in the Jr/Miss section and whadaya know? They fit! I was so happy.
Before I even made it to Joplin, I stopped at Mom's and tried on a pair of leather pants that I've tried on several times, and mourned over the fact that they were WAY too small. Guess what? They fit now. I put them on and went down to the garage and showed Mike. It felt awesome.
*
Well, guess I should shove off. Class should be starting in about 3 or 4 minutes. Talk to you all later. I'll give an update on the concert.
Ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home