Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ya-Way, Uncle Elmer

I went to a funeral today that lasted 52 hours. That preacher was so old I was afraid we'd have to conduct his funeral before he could finish the service. I looked over at my Mom and whispered "I'm so glad he's not my pastor". My 89 year old great-great uncle Elmer died yesterday and was buried today. How's that for quick? He was the last remaining full blood Seneca-Cayuga Indian. And now he's gone and so are they all. The funeral was done in almost all white fashion. In a church and everything! At the funeral, the ending was reserved for the Indian part.
Good-bye, Uncle Elmer. Remember when Cynthia and I use to throw mud pies at you when you drove by with our mail? I'll see you soon, in the great big mud pie in the sky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home