Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Here He Comes To Save The Day!

No Mighty Mouse around here. I'll be waiting on the Lord.



Anyway, it's been a while since I've posted on here. Sorry about that. I get busy and don't have the time or the energy to walk to the college library to post. But, this morning I'm in Grove and it's no biggie to walk to the next room to the computer lab.



So much has happened since I last posted. I got a job. Yay. At the Eastern-Shawnee Travel Center. I'm a clerk in the c-store on Friday nights Saturday nights and Sunday nights. I work 2:30- 11:00. So, it's like midnight when I get home. I'm tired now. For a person who is use to going to bed with the chickens (practically) this working to 11:30 and getting home at midnight is hard business. But, I can do it. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.



The job itself is fine. The people who have been training me and the managers are just not the type of people I usually hang with. After being in school in Miami then going to work there, I now feel I am the only Christian in Ottawa county. Where are all the rest of us? They certainly don't go to ESTC to buy their Dr. Pepper or gas, or whatever. All I get are these foul mouthed people who wouldn't know what a Bible was for if you gave them one.



This lady that's been training me has been telling me these awful stories of her every day life. To her they don't seem as awful as they do to me. For one, I would have no clue where to even begin to search for someone who sold meth. She, on the other hand, got accused of selling it when she went to her friendly neighborhood meth dealer and asked him if he could set her friend up in some meth for her "back pain". Oh, pu-lease!

Her 14 year old daughter has been in trouble with tho police THREE times for being in possession of pot. She has been having sex since she was 11 years old, and one night when she was discovered to be completely drunk (at home while mom & dad were asleep) and having sex with one of her big brother's friends, they took her to the hospital. Once there, they found she tested positive for methanphedamines. WHAT??? It turns out she was taking Adorol to lose weight. Adorol! Where was she getting it? A friend of hers knows this guy in Miami who deals it. They nicknamed him "Addy".

The worst part of all this is that she goes to my daughter's school and is only one year older and one grade ahead of Shael. I am so thankful for my good girl. She might be a mouthy teenage girl, but I can trust her to not smoke pot, get drunk or have sex. I can let her go places without worrying about what she might be doing. For one, I don't let her spend the night with her friends. If her friends want to spend the night at our house, that's okay, but Shael is not allowed to spend the night with them. That makes her mad, but I think when she grows up, she'll understand and probably do the same for her kids.

Here's my 13 year old daughter who is in to Hannah Montana and High School Musical. She likes Miley Sirus and Corbin Blue. Then there's this other girl, 14 years old, in to pot, Adorol,sex and looking at college boys. Man, and I thought I was a handful at that age.



Well, for something on the brighter side of life. I got the highest score on my very first Algebra test. College Algebra so far has not turned out near as hard as I was giving it credit for. Yes, I know I'm only three weeks into it so far, but, it's been three good weeks. She put the grades on the board with no names. To let us know where we stand with the rest of the class, I guess. And to tell us what grades were A's, B's, C's, D's and F's. I made a B. Almost an A. It was an 87. So far my average in there is 85.4. It would be a victory of victories if I could bring that up to an A and keep it there. On that test there were no A's, only 2 B's, several C's, a few D's and five F's. Yikes.



I start lab school next Monday. I have to do two hours a week there. It's a pre school that the college offers so that the Education majors can go in and do their lab work with real live children. I'm going to be killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. I'll be doing my lab work for my Child Development class, plus I'll be doing my observation for my Health & Safety class. Because if I don't do them together, I'll have to scrounge up time to go to a public school or a day care for my Health & Safety class. And if she has us doing observations on children eating full meals, then I guess I'll have to go scrounge up the time because the lab school is only for two hours a day and I don't think they serve lunch.



My Sociology class is still pretty boring. I don't think it's the subject. I hope not, because I'll be having lots more like it in my future. It's the teacher, she just tells stories about her life and she tells them over and over again. It makes me want to raise my hand as finish her story for her. It's like going to class with 5 second Tom from 50 First Dates.



I checked my NEO email about 30 minutes ago and found an email that I wish I would have found before January 23. It was telling me that January 23rd was transfer day and representatives from different schools would be there to help you transfer to their school. And University of Arkansas was one of them. CRAP! I needed to talk to them and I missed it simply because I didn't check my email on time. I was there that day, at that time, I could have easily gone to the ballroom and talked to them. I think they must've sent that email too little too late because I did check my NEO account on the 23rd and that was email was not there. Goobers. Now I have to do it all by myself.



You know what I think is kind of funny? That my lifelong motto has been picked up by a trash company. Go figure. Think Green, people. I'm just glad I didn't go ahead and get it tattooed on my body like I use to want to do. The first time I saw that commercial, I said "WHAT!!!??? They can't use that! I knew I should have had that saying copyrighted. I could've been rich. Thank God I didn't get that tattoo when I wanted to." I could have been Waste Management's spokesperson. LOL. I have been saying Think Green since the 7th grade. That's 1985-86. Copy cats.



Well, I gotta go. It's time for me to start doing my Wednesday night kids class work. I usually do that on Thursdays, but last Thursday they didn't have it in yet, so I had to wait until Sunday. Sunday when I asked about it, I found it still hadn't come in. "Probably Monday!" is what they told me. So, if it's not in by today, I might be in trouble tomorrow night. We might just have to do a free night.

Before I go, I have to tell you what happened on our Mexican party night last Wednesday night. It will forever go down in history as "The Pinata Fiasco Night". Our session had been all about Mexico so for our final night, I bought a big bull pinata and brought chips and salsa to snack on and Mexican Hot Chocolate to sip on. There were about 24 kids there that night and it took me over 5 minutes to get them all lined up according to age. The older ones in the back and the younger ones in the front. That way the older ones wouldn't knock it down at the beginning and ruin the fun for the rest of them. Well, it didn't work out as well as I'd planned. The fourth 5 year old knocked it down. That meant TWENTY kids didn't get a turn. I had kids crying and bawling all over the place. Then when they started after all that candy, there were kids stealing candy out of other kids' hands and making them cry. So, what did I learn from this? When whacking at a pinata, if the guy working the rope isn't going to watch and make sure the first kid doesn't knock it down, use lighter weight sticks to whack at it. It's funny now, but at the time, I felt so sorry for those 20 kids who were like "Man! I didn't get a chance!"

This morning I was reading on the backs of old pictures and I found a picture of a girl I went to school with named Stacy. Since I was Stacie, also, I called her by her last name. Which I won't disclose here. But, anyway, she and I use to have a saying that I had completely forgotten about until this morning when I read it again. Have a day. Use it however you want to. If you want to have a good day, then have a good day. If you want to have a bad day, then have a bad day, just don't drag me into it.

So, all you bloggers. Have A Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home