Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bored Now

It's official. They took away my fb. People ruin things for the rest of us when they abuse a good thing. I understand why it had to be taken away, and I really don't want to complain, especially since the guy who did it was just doing his job. But, man, this blows! I'm down to posting from my phone which just isn't the same. I can't see as much as I see from my big ole computer screen. This might be the very thing that edges me to buy a computer. Forget a TV, I want a computer. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it, so I will have to check in on it. How much internet will cost me and everything that is involved. Things are pretty tight, so I probably will have to wait a while. But, a girl can dream.



I went down to the University yesterday to get a few things done. As I was sitting in the admissions office, this group of young high school seniors who are looking at coming to The University of Arkansas next year came in as a tour with their parents. I thought it was quite funny because the parents looked way more apprehensive than the kids. The place is rather huge and intimidating,(since I can't get my link to work, I think the page is too old, check out October 2008 in my archives on the one titled "First Day Of School") so I'm sure those parents were thinking "My baby is going to be swallowed at a place this size!" and the kids were thinking "I can't wait to be on my own here!" Shael came with me and twice she got mistaken for the student and me the nervous parent. Hey, I resemble that remark. She kept remarking on how big the place was and how she didn't want to go to a school that size. Her comparison was Wyandotte. Poor child. I need to take her out more. "This place is just a college and it's bigger than the whole town of Wyandotte!" And you know what? She's absolutely right.



I got my transcript, which I've been needing for a long time and they never would get back to me about. I got my application filled out and turned in. Now I need to do a couple more piddly things and I will be good to go for enrolling. I can't wait!!! I'm excited.



I took a picture of Shael sitting on Spoofer's Stone at the University. It has a neat history. I just read it yesterday. I'd read it before, but yesterday was a refresher course. Back when Old Main was being built, there were pieces of granite all over the construction site. When it was over, there was this large piece left over, so large they decided to leave it. It was all jagged and had some cracks in it. In those early days of the University, the girls and the guys were not allowed to interact on campus, so sweethearts would leave notes for each other in the cracks of the stone. A few years later, the students (women students) were afraid for the integrity of the stone, so they had it fixed with mortar to make sure it lasted longer. They also put a plaque up to honor the stone. That's my abridged version of the story. It was much sweeter and longer at the school. Here's a picture of Shael sitting on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home