Friday, October 16, 2009

Wait....What?

I just found out that some of my classmates are GRANDPARENTS.

That is messed up!



I think I liked Switchfoot before it was cool to like Switchfoot. Now they are a little more mainstream and it's just not the same. What's up with me? Why am I weird like that? They sound pretty much the same. Their songs are different, though. It's like they've sold out, trying to gain high public opinion instead of high God opinion. The lead singer is looking more and more like Curt Cobain, weird. I'm being judgemental, I will shut up about that now.



Shael and I went to a concert in Tulsa last night. It was in two words....FRICKIN AWESOME! Shael didn't like the first two bands, but she's not too much into "scream-o" music, as she calls it. The first band played three songs. They're a new band that none of us around our seats had heard of. They were called "The Letter Black". It was a woman screamer! I thought they were pretty good, myself. A little rough for sure, but with much potential.

The second band was Decyfer Down. I really like them, but last night they only played one song that I knew. "Concerts aren't as fun when you don't know every song". That's what Shael said when we got home. I think I agree.

The third band was (drum roll please!!) Hawk Nelson. Who played a long time. I knew almost every song, but they had some from their latest album that I wasn't familiar with and some from that album that I was only slightly familiar with because of radio play. It was really fun, they knew how to play up a crowd. "How's everybody in Tulsa?" "We love you Tulsa" No fireworks, just a great band playing great songs.

Then the headliner...Skillet. Fire, smoke, sparks, hydraulics, they had it all. A cellist and a violinist were also present to play. Have you ever watched a cellist and a violinist rock out? Head banging while playing? It's a sight to behold. They did a great show, too. I don't know how long they played, but it was a long time. I was starting to yawn in the midst of all that ruckus. I'm such an old fart!

I'm posting the only picture I took of Shael and I and it was taken before everything started and there were hardly even any people in there. We were very close to being the first in there. That was kinda cool. We got to sit and watch the place fill up. It was a sold out show. The SpiritBank Event Center isn't as big as the BOK by ANY means. It's a basketball stadium. But, there's still lots of seating and then the floor. It was full to capacity.
And the picture is fuzzy! After I took it, though, she wouldn't let me take another one of her. Teenage girls. One second they're posing like crazy and are total hams in front of the camera, the next they don't want their face to be seen by anything resembling a camera lens.

We had such a good time. I'm very glad we went. I even saw someone I went to high school with at a Quick Trip going out of Tulsa on our way home. Hadn't seen him in a long time. In so long, in fact, he asked what Mike's been up to. More awkward for him than for me, though.

Well, I actually have a few things I need to do around here. Might take me a whole thirty minutes to get finished.

Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home