Thursday, March 30, 2006

Our Own Private Tripod

Rosco made it almost all the way home yesterday before he crapped in my car. Lovely, I know. But I had a large piece of cardboard on the seat and had it covered with two blankets. Most of the poo was on the blanket, but he still was kind enough to somehow smear it all over the door. I was 9 minutes late for work after cleaning that mess up. I was actually going to be early for a change until Rosco left me a little package in the back seat.
I wasn't too sure about what to expect when I saw him. Was he going to be in pain? Was he going to be limping around and all pitiful? When the vet brought him out, Rosco was fairly prancing. Then when he I said "ROSCO!" and he turned and saw me, he started wiggling all over, shaking his butt, which is his way of wagging his tail, since he doesn't have one. He was perfectly fine. I was worried about nothing. When Shael saw him, though, she wouldn't even come close to him. He freaked her out. I kept telling her that he was the same dog and she shouldn't be scared of him, but she still wouldn't get near him. He was whining and straining at his rope to get to her. She finally warmed up to him a bit. Petted him, as long as his stump was faced away from her and she didn't have to see it.
This lady at work said that he's not going to want to go back to the vet. The first time he goes he gets his nuts cut off the second time he gets his leg cut off. He's going to think "I'm not going back there! I'm running out of things to have cut off, here!"
***********
Shael got a clean bill of health yesterday. No more ear infection. We were so happy. We were in and out by 4:15. Thirty five minutes and we were gone. That's something that just doesn't happen very often. One of Shael's spelling words this week is "antibiotic". Not only does she have to spell it but she has to know it's meaning. I think she's got this one covered. On the other hand "iconography" is going to have to be looked up. Even I don't know the definition of that one. I'm not sure if I could pass 6th grade these days without taking some refresher courses first.
*************
My sister in law and I are going to go to a city wide garage sale Saturday. Does that sound like fun or what? She has to be done early to take my Grandma down to the beauty shop to get her hair done and I told Shael I'd take her to Joplin to get her Easter dress. She's been wanting to go to Kohl's so bad she can hardly stand it. This will finally be her chance.
***********
I'm off to get ready for work. My little baby that left came back this week so I'll have my same four back for a while, until they all move up to the toddlers soon. It's nice having her back, I really missed her while she was gone.
**********
Before I leave, I want to mention this class I had to stay over for Tuesday night. If we were to grade it, I would have given it a B. For BORING! Jeez! It was over lead poisoning. By the end of it, I was wondering about some of my relatives. Maybe that's their problem. Lead poisoning. I won't name any names. But, if they are reading this, I think they know who I'm thinking of here. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home