Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dream On

I had this dream the other night that left me embarrassed. I dreamed that in the middle of the night my best friend and her husband showed up at our house but didn't want to disturb us. So, they went to bed thinking they'd just see us in the morning. The thing is, they went to bed in my bed. Morning came and I got up, stark naked, and was walking around my bedroom. Lo and behold, there they were in my bed. Was I embarrassed about being naked in front of my best friend? A little, but she's seen me naked many times. Was I embarrassed about being naked in front of her husband? A little, he's never seen me naked (THANK GOD!). I have this vague recollection of putting my hands over my privates trying in vain to cover myself. But mostly what I was embarrassed about was the fact that it looked like an F-5 tornado had exploded in my bedroom. Clothes were tossed everywhere and there was dust on every surface. Kind of what it looks like in reality. I was only slightly embarrassed about being completely naked in front of my best friend and her husband but I was mortified about them seeing my room in such a state.

I'm pretty sore today from my visit to Helga's House of Pain yesterday. Hello drugs. You're the only thing that gets me through the days like today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it stupid? I think that female, perfect mom, perfect wife, perfect housekeeper guilt never goes away. The house can be perfect (well, nearly) except for one thing, and I can think, "Please, don't let anyone stop by..." That tends to make me ant-social because it's never going to be perfect, right? Don't you love that the house and its state is never a reflection on the man of the house? He's never embarassed in a personal way like we are, you know? But if things aren't like they want them to be, they have plenty to say....
The lot of a woman, I suppose.
N

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, anti-social - not ant-social :)
Can you say perfectionist?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Last week at Girl Scouts I was so embarrassed that my house wasn't very picked up. Christy just said, "Girl, we are dirty house friends. Let it go."

I'm so glad that all of my friends are dirty house friends.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home